Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
ZraloK Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Justine is too hard.

Third part (shallow water part) is rather tricky.. Took me and a friend quite a few tries to finally perfect it...

"Death is light as a feather, duty is heavy as a mountain."
--Rand Al'Thor
03-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-22-2013, 06:48 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: There is also a saving possibility , that's how I finished it Tongue just search on google

Pfft, noob.
03-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Find
Josh The Biker Offline

Threads: 9

Personally, Justine was pretty easy after I watched a walkthrough.

[Image: Pearl_Normal_1.gif]
03-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

(03-24-2013, 03:24 PM)Googolplex Wrote: No, hard puzzles will never kill the player.
But easy puzzles will kill the experience of finding something out.
You ever played Silent Hill? I'm sure you are not able to solve the puzzles without google.
That's what he means, having to look it up on Google. I've never played Silent Hill, but if you're right, then I don't even want to. If the puzzles are that hard that everyone has to look them up..
That's what Kman means, it's no fun when the puzzles are impossible.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

(03-25-2013, 04:08 AM)Josh The Biker Wrote: Personally, Justine was pretty easy after I watched a walkthrough.

(03-25-2013, 12:19 AM)Tigerwaw Wrote: Pfft, noob.
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: That's what he means, having to look it up on Google. I've never played Silent Hill, but if you're right, then I don't even want to. If the puzzles are that hard that everyone has to look them up..

That's what Kman means, it's no fun when the puzzles are impossible.
Ha, yeah, nothing makes me more immersed in a horror game than having to tab to desktop and read the walkthrough every five minutes! xD

However, that's no reason to skip SH2, as it is still one of the best horror games ever made and you can actually set the difficulty for puzzles and combat separately in that game. I think that is an awesome thing to have. People who like a mental challenge can set the combat to kitty-mode and the puzzles to insane and people who just want to enjoy the story and atmosphere can set both to easy, too. (which is what I did ^^)
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2013, 04:26 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Something that I really liked about the puzzles in Silent Hill 2 (Even though I only finished not even half of the game yet), is that the puzzles will actually be completely altered if you crank up the difficulty for them. I think I played on medium, and while they were tough to solve, it really satisfied me when I figured it out ^^

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Find
VeNoMzTeamHysterical Offline

Threads: 36

(03-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Parmida Wrote: Is there anyone else that doesn't like Justine?
Too hard, too much pressure, too much jumpscary, enemies wouldn't go away(except Alois) and the fact that I couldn't save didn't help matters.
As soon as I enter the potato room, I just quit...I can't look at that shitty Basile and his horrible face!(It gives me a heart attack) and I just feel stuck and unable to move.
I played the main story 2 times and LOVED it! It was very perfect. I'm going to play it again.
But I can't finish Justine, someone please help me get over this pointless fear? Sad
I've heard that there are two doors in there that one of them is locked and Basile gets alerted. do I get killed If I find the locked door first?
I feel like a little kitty in potato room. Sad
I got justine but is it just start new game? or what.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21719.html
Evil Awaking Work In Progress!
Hours Spend 472.
03-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Website Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

(03-25-2013, 04:53 PM)VeNoMzTeamHysterical Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Parmida Wrote: Is there anyone else that doesn't like Justine?
Too hard, too much pressure, too much jumpscary, enemies wouldn't go away(except Alois) and the fact that I couldn't save didn't help matters.
As soon as I enter the potato room, I just quit...I can't look at that shitty Basile and his horrible face!(It gives me a heart attack) and I just feel stuck and unable to move.
I played the main story 2 times and LOVED it! It was very perfect. I'm going to play it again.
But I can't finish Justine, someone please help me get over this pointless fear? Sad
I've heard that there are two doors in there that one of them is locked and Basile gets alerted. do I get killed If I find the locked door first?
I feel like a little kitty in potato room. Sad
I got justine but is it just start new game? or what.

>Open Amnesia
>Click 'Justine'
>Press 'Start new game'
>Play the game
>Die(Optional)
>Play again
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2013, 05:26 PM by Tiger.)
03-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I think it is more immersing to have hard puzzles that will challenge your brain that you have to exit the game to read a solution and then you will think: "Man, how logic it is!"

I played Silent Hill (1-3) with puzzles on "hard" and that means they are almost impossible to solve. You need a brain like a savant to came through. The puzzles in Silent Hill really changed completely on each difficulty. When you play on hard, you will get the full challenge. I also was not able to solve the puzzles, but that's what I like! That's immersing, walking through the environment again and again, search for something I missed or looking for secrets, hints and other stuff. Make my own thinking of what to do next. When it's easy like in Amnesia, you will just find an object waiting for you to get picked up and place it into a slot - that's it. That's easy boring and has nothing to do with immersion.
Immersion means not automatically, that a game should be so easy, that the flow never gets broken! The contrary is the fact - that's also why Penumbra was a greater experience for me.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2013, 05:49 PM by Googolplex.)
03-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Find