Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
Electra Offline

Threads: 5
Justine and the Starshaped Soapstone

Do you think it is possible that the starshaped soapstone that Justine stole from her dad was also an otherworldly object like the orb? While looking up some orb mythology, some referred to there also being a star shaped object also existing with similar characteristics.

Custom Story Work in Progress: Castle Helmuth
"Who said the glory days had to end?"
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Justine and the Starshaped Soapstone

(04-16-2012, 04:58 PM)Electra Wrote: Do you think it is possible that the starshaped soapstone that Justine stole from her dad was also an otherworldly object like the orb? While looking up some orb mythology, some referred to there also being a star shaped object also existing with similar characteristics.
I don't think the odds are in favour of the random murder weapon also being an otherworldly object, but if you want to make a story about it, sure, it could be.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Find
Electra Offline

However according to the Amnesia Wiki it says

"In conclusion, all the (soap)stones yielded to an Orb."

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 05:24 PM by Electra.)
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-16-2012, 05:23 PM)Electra Wrote: However according to the Amnesia Wiki it says

"In conclusion, all the (soap)stones yielded to an Orb."
You're talking about this page:
http://amnesia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Orbs

I didn't know that. Yes, this is at least a "supernatural" object, as far as the limits of the human mind can stretch. "Otherworldly" depends on what meaning you put into it, though. While the anchient races like the anchient ones elder things, the prehistoric chtulhoid spawns that later filtered down from the stars, or the polyps, are otherworldly, this object is probably shaped by them in bygone eons, but on Earth, so in a way, it's not otherworldly. I'd say that it's a typical anchient ones elder things artifact.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

A soapstone being a supernatural object?

I'm sorry, but that's a bit of a stretch
04-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Website Find
Electra Offline

i'm not really implying that it is from the same world as the orbs or is otherworldly. Perhaps it is just supernatural after all.

04-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Website Find

(04-17-2012, 03:10 AM)Electra Wrote: i'm not really implying that it is from the same world as the orbs or is otherworldly. Perhaps it is just supernatural after all.
I realize that, and that's not what I said, I just said that I feel that having a star shaped soap stone of all things be a supernatural object is a bit of a stretch.

Most people don't think 'woah supernatural' when they think of a star shaped soapstone. Wink
04-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

I wouldn't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. With that said, I believe its no more than the object she used to kill her father with, perhaps symbolizing some part of Justine's emotions/personality, but by no means should be believed to be "supernatural".

I rate it 3 memes.
04-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Find

(04-17-2012, 06:16 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I wouldn't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. With that said, I believe its no more than the object she used to kill her father with, perhaps symbolizing some part of Justine's emotions/personality, but by no means should be believed to be "supernatural".
Bro no one said anything about wikipedia, the only wiki mentioned was the amnesia wiki and the only thing mentioned about that was it's page about the Orbs
04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Website Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Hunter of Shadows, a soap stone is not made of soap. It's a type of stone. Sometimes you should believe what you read on wikipedia Tongue As a stone it could very well be used as a murder weapon or a supernatural object.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapstone

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 10:23 AM by spukrian.)
04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Find