Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
unalsnake Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Justine story

It is the same part where I died :/ I think you need to pull lever after you get into the other room in order to prevent monster to get in the room.
04-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Find
Tayrtahn Offline

Herbert's letter:
Spoiler below!
Herbert's Letter
12 January 1839

Dear Monsieur Florbelle,

I am sorry to hear about your daughter Justine's unruly behavior. Rest assure that this does not diminish your work, nor does it make your idea of the natural developing mind less appropriate as a field of study. I have met plenty of scholars here in London enthralled by your hypothesizes and stated that it could be one of the most important ideas of the modern era.

It has been suggested that the mind is not only molded by experience, but could also be stricken with disease without physiological sign. Perhaps this line of thinking could be applied to your child.

I wish I could devote my letter to consolidation, however I write to you with a request. I require passage into Algeria and I need Frenchmen of great standing to vouch for my person. I am certain the name of Florbelle would greatly speed the process and grant me the permits I require. It pains me to ask this of you in your time of distress, but if you could suffer my inconvenience, I would be greatly in your debt.

Yours sincerely,
Herbert

Daniel's letter:
Spoiler below!
Unopened Letter
7 July 1839

Monsieur Florbelle,

My name is Daniel, a friend and a colleague of Professor Herbert. As I have come to understand, you are among his most trusted friends and confidantes, therefor I shall reveal my predicament in hope that you can shed some light on the matter.

Earlier this year Herbert and I set out on an expedition to the deserts of Algeria. While looking for the legendary tomb of Tin Hinan we happened upon a cavern temple buried deep beneath the sand. In its inner sanctum I retrieved a stone orb which cracked and spilt into several pieces. Due to exhaustion, I was sent back to Britain and waited for his return.

I have since lost all contact with Herbert and I find myself deeply troubled by the whole affair. I believe Herbert knew more than he was telling and that he sent me back to protect me from whatever ancient horror we may have stirred.

If you can share any insight on the matter I would be most grateful.

Forever in your debt,
Daniel
04-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

(04-13-2011, 12:36 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I've searched the first chamber extensively.
Spoiler below!
I don't think you can save them, she lies to you.

Spoiler below!
You can save him really. You need to throw something at the closed hatch and it opens. Stack up 3 boxes and while the ladder is selected(The ladder you found in the rocks at the beggining), just up and you'll attach it. Then jump up again on the boxes and click the ladder quickly and climb up the ladder.

The story is awesome by the way, the thing I hate though is that I cannot save. I don't want to play the game the whole night long. Aughhh.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 02:21 AM by house.)
04-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Find
LargePad Offline

I've died 3 times. =/ In one of the later parts:
Spoiler below!
In the dungeon, I figured out that there's levers on the opposite sides of the doors. But then I got to the part with the valves, and saw that there were 4~ and basically just shat myself. No way I can think under that pressure. Any help?
04-13-2011, 03:01 AM
Find
Newblade Offline

(04-13-2011, 02:20 AM)house Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 12:36 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I've searched the first chamber extensively.
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
You can save him really. You need to throw something at the closed hatch and it opens. Stack up 3 boxes and while the ladder is selected(The ladder you found in the rocks at the beggining), just up and you'll attach it. Then jump up again on the boxes and click the ladder quickly and climb up the ladder.

The story is awesome by the way, the thing I hate though is that I cannot save. I don't want to play the game the whole night long. Aughhh.

I think that doesn't count as saving him. There has to be another way.
04-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Find
Neotyguy40 Offline

(04-13-2011, 03:01 AM)LargePad Wrote: I've died 3 times. =/ In one of the later parts:
Spoiler below!
In the dungeon, I figured out that there's levers on the opposite sides of the doors. But then I got to the part with the valves, and saw that there were 4~ and basically just shat myself. No way I can think under that pressure. Any help?

Spoiler below!
I know it is difficult to do something like that under pressure, but the monster is actually VERY slow and doesn't run. You can literally go from one side of the room to the other without it catching you if you know how to. It looks a lot more difficult than it really is.
04-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

(04-13-2011, 03:04 AM)Newblade Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

I think by saving, they mean not killing. Although their is that hatch on the floor that I never opened....

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Find
Goldennova Offline

Threads: 3

(04-13-2011, 04:42 AM)Shev Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 03:04 AM)Newblade Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

I think by saving, they mean not killing. Although their is that hatch on the floor that I never opened....

What about that metal grate on the floor with the first guy? Anyone find a way to open it?
04-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

I ignored the first guy, saved the 2nd (lucky guess with the slides) and died trying to save the 3rd.
04-13-2011, 06:03 AM
Find
Tayrtahn Offline

We appear to have found the method of accessing the Aperture Science page from the Justine story:

Spoiler below!
Save the three prisoners ("not killing" counts for the first), find and use the wax cylinder, collect all 9 notes, and examine the angel statue and the grave.

It's possible that some of those aren't needed, but the current theory is that they are.
04-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Find