Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
Empow3rd Offline

Threads: 0
Justine - Should I carry on after death?

I just started Justine expansion today and HOLY SHIT it was scary. However I died at the fairly beginning. I wouldn't like to hear any spoilers but should I carry on? I don't know if the developers didn't want one to continue it after dying.

Huh
05-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Justine - Should I carry on after death?

Try, try again! Smile
05-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Bear in mind. Death is final - nothing will be saved.

05-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Website Find
Skandis Offline

Threads: 5

Definitely.

The whole no-save thing makes it even scarier.
There was one part where I failed, so I started building up to make it. I accidently miscalculated, and tried to fix the situation ASAP.
Needless to say, it was the first time in the entire Amnesia game where I was trembling and hyperventilating.

God it felt good.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2011, 02:59 AM by Skandis.)
05-28-2011, 02:59 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(05-28-2011, 02:59 AM)Skandis Wrote: God it felt good.

This may be most masochistic post I've ever read Tongue

05-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Website Find
Empow3rd Offline

Threads: 0

Well I finished it tonight. Even I managed to experience most of the DLC in my first playthrough it still managed to scare and stress me Tongue.

Well done Frictional games and Mikko Tarmia!
05-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Find
FrozenStar Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter

The dungeon was by far the scariest part. It took me over 10 tries to save the guy and save myself. It's tricky and a time trial challenge where you have to be as fast and good as possible. If you waste time trying to turn the wheel the wrong way or somehow your mouse slips and reverse it, it's game over there.
05-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter

(05-29-2011, 09:09 PM)FrozenStar Wrote: The dungeon was by far the scariest part. It took me over 10 tries to save the guy and save myself. It's tricky and a time trial challenge where you have to be as fast and good as possible. If you waste time trying to turn the wheel the wrong way or somehow your mouse slips and reverse it, it's game over there.

believe it or not, it's NOT game over at all, the monster won't find you immediately, not even close, tobuscus's let's play of justine is proof of that, and my brother was an idiot and took forever to open the door(he crouched in the water for like 20 minutes thinking if he touched it the monster would immediately find him).

The monster didn't even find him immediately until he got to the end of it
05-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Finally, Justine

I've been away from a computer that can actually play video games for a while (somewhat secretively to you). It wasn't until today that I could actually try Justine. From what I've played so far, I'm awestruck.

You see, I'm not entirely sure if it's just incredibly challenging or I'm just fucking dumb. I got up to the third level before making a wrong turn and getting a bad guy all up in my face and dying. Before that, both of my attempts to save people were unsuccessful. I have to know one thing before I start playing again: Is it actually supposed to be incredibly difficult to save people, or am I just not paying enough attention to notes/symbols/environmental cues as I should?

No spoilers, please, just an answer to that small question.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
05-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Website Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Finally, Justine

Yes, saving people is supposed to be much more difficult than doing it normally. Took me quite a few play-throughs to get the best possible ending (but not nearly as many as trying to get the fastest completion time Wink).
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2011, 02:16 AM by Apjjm.)
05-30-2011, 02:15 AM
Find