Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
SLAMnesia Offline

Threads: 39
RE: Justine for Onlive?

there is a download link for the latest patches of Amnesia somewhere on this site. I;m pretty sure this is it.. its a downloader that you install which then installs the new patches. have fun!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/node/118
07-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

you play through a server on OnLive so that installer won't work.
Xerjak you should contact OnLive with your issue and see what to do.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM by xtron.)
07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Find
Xerjak Offline

Threads: 0

Thanks for the replies.

I can't use an installer, because OnLive doesn't give us access to the game folders. OnLive is a separate program, almost like a youtube for games. Trying to use an installer on it would be like trying to use an installer to change a netflix movie. Its all instant and none of the games are actually on my hard drive.
So basically, whatever is provided through OnLive is what we get. I'll try to contact OnLive, but I don't think its just me. It seems like the version of Amnesia that is ON the service seems to be the version just before Justine was released. That, or Frictional decided not to release Justine for OnLive, which makes me sad. Was there ever a statement like that from Frictional? Or any word on whether or not this will be updated?
07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

(07-27-2011, 03:37 PM)Xerjak Wrote: Thanks for the replies.

I can't use an installer, because OnLive doesn't give us access to the game folders. OnLive is a separate program, almost like a youtube for games. Trying to use an installer on it would be like trying to use an installer to change a netflix movie. Its all instant and none of the games are actually on my hard drive.
So basically, whatever is provided through OnLive is what we get. I'll try to contact OnLive, but I don't think its just me. It seems like the version of Amnesia that is ON the service seems to be the version just before Justine was released. That, or Frictional decided not to release Justine for OnLive, which makes me sad. Was there ever a statement like that from Frictional? Or any word on whether or not this will be updated?

Like I said xD.

Anyways, if you contact them and explain that there's a expansion for a game they will probably add it as a extra thing to buy and if you show them your receipt they will probably give you the game...or you have to buy it again Smile

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2011, 04:46 PM by xtron.)
07-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Find
Xerjak Offline

Hello again. Just contacted Onlive a while ago. Got this response:

"The extra campaign "Justine" is not currently available for the OnLive version. While we do not have any information about future plans for this content, you can stay updated with the latest news at our official Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/OnLive) or follow our Twitter feed (@OnLive)".

Just wanted to let you guys know (as I haven't seen this question or topic anywhere, maybe it should be mentioned somewhere so that other Onlive customers don't have to post about this again?) . And Frictional should mention that its not on Onlive, as their update said all platforms It's a bit misleading Sad . Thanks ok though, Amnesia was a BRILLIANT game, I was sad when I was done Sad

Perhaps the reason that Justine isn't on Onlive is because they gave the game away for free when it was first released? Who knows. I bought the game full price but that promotion may have influenced them to no give Onlive customers Justine.
07-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Find
McSquiggles42 Offline

I don't see Justine

Hey I downloaded Amnesia on Steam a week ago and I don't see the Justine add-on. It's not under the DLC list for the game.. Help? Huh
Nevermind. Don't look at this post. All is well Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011, 12:52 AM by McSquiggles42.)
09-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2
RE: I don't see Justine

When you double click the shortcut and the little screen pops up, it will say "Justine" in the bottom-right corner of that window.

You dont actually go into Amnesia:The Dark Descent to access Justine.
09-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Find
Shadowman60 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter

Okay, i just got done playing Justine 20-some minutes ago for the first time, now i can give my score Big Grin
Prison cells: 5 - Waking up, and not knowing a monster was coming so soon. ;_;
Tunnels: 0.5 - Meh, i knew they can't crouch, (As an above poster said, but too lazy to look for his name. :p)
Library: 4 - Relaxing, knowing study from the vanilla game, i thought there weren't going to be monsters, and i was right; technically.
Spoiler below!
The banging on the door gave me a jump scare though ;_;
Potato Room: 10 - Hiding from the suitor - petrifying ;_;. I sucked at Metal Gear Solid, so you probably imagine how scary this was to me. ;_;
Dungeon/Sewers: 14/10 My Reenactment: "Ah, relaxing, just got past the suitor, just gotta get this gear an- *BANG*
OMGWTFWASTHATAHHRUNFORYOURLIFECOMEONGETTHEGEARINSHITHEBROKETHROUGHOMG
RUUUN!!! PULL THE LEVER, SAVE THE DUDE AND TURN THE WH- FUCK HE BROKE IN, SORRY GUY

I'M GOING TO LET HIM HAVE TO EAT YOOOOU!!!

NO TIME TO PULL LEVER GODDAMNIT, RUUUUUUUUU-*Enters Crypt*-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuUuuUuuuu... oh, i made it..."

SERIOUSLY, I WAS NOT EXPECTING ANOTHER MONSTER SO SOON. ;__________;

Needless to say though, i loved the game.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011, 06:53 PM by Shadowman60.)
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Find
OptimusMX Offline

Threads: 1

Prison Cells - 7
The entire time I was crouched down. I REFUSED to stand when I saw that thing staring at the first prisoner.

Narrow Tunnels - 5
I panicked, but then I realized the glory of him not coming to kill me.

Library - 5
I didn't expect a monster, and didn't get one, except for the one banging on the door. I ran and hid. Killed the guy on my first run out of frustration.

Potato Room - 10
JESUS CHRIST! First thing I did was camp in a corner and waited for him to go away. I did not know that he could not see. I stayed there for about 10 mins just creeping along. Then I booked it once I got past. I just ran.

Dungeon - First attempt: 7
I died from the monster out of stupidity of not closing the gate so my game ended there.

Second attempt: 11
I had a heart attack. That fucker would not let up. I tried to save the man but I am not sure if I did.

Crypt - 5
This was a reprieve for me. I just stood there and waited till my body stopped shaking.

Creepy halls - 1
I was cooled down and was more interested in the writing on the walls.

WALLS CLOSING IN - 8
FML! I threw everything at that damn gear and nothing worked. when she blacked out and woke up just fine, I had a sweat-drop moment.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011, 09:30 PM by OptimusMX.)
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Find
Kdawg Offline

Threads: 1

Only really got scared at the end chase bit. That sound he makes when hes breaking down the door is freaky. The second suitor is easy to sneak by as long as you make no noise so I guess that part is tense. The first suitor you don't even need to see, and the bit where you climb into the ceiling is a total red herring. Unfortunetly having played Amnesia before I was pretty sure I wasn't going to see a suitor scurrying after me through the ceiling despite the sound because that would mean more animation work.
12-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Find