Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Annoying crashes throughout game.
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Annoying crashes throughout game.

Hello,

I was given the penumbra collection yesterday as a gift and I have just been starting to play Penumbra:Overture but I keep getting random crashes in the game both when i enter rooms or randomly throughout the game. For instance, I couldn't get into the storage room without crashing.

Example error message:
Penumbra.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Penumbra.exe at 001B:004A:2023

Anyone else had any similar issues? Or have any idea what the problem is? I'm guessing its a graphics issue... Penumbra: black plague works fine though which is odd.

Thanks,

Daniel.

P.S. Thanks for the decent games!
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM by Darkchef.)
04-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Website Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Annoying crashes throughout game.

Have you updated the game to the latest patch? Have you updated your graphics drivers to the correct version?
04-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Annoying crashes throughout game.

(04-25-2011, 03:05 AM)Bek Wrote: Have you updated the game to the latest patch? Have you updated your graphics drivers to the correct version?

I figured I would be using the latest version when downloading from the frictional games store so I haven't applied patches.

I will try to upgrade the graphics drivers to see what difference it makes
04-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Website Find