Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Overture crashes computer
samusaran253 Offline

Threads: 18
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra: Overture crashes computer

If I recall correctly, I had this same problem with the Steam version of Deus Ex. I have a horrible and old computer that has many problems and crashes for no reason when launching some programs. Well, when I try to launch Penumbra: Overture with Steam, my computer freezes up. The game doesn't launch, but I can still move my mouse and sometimes even click things, but nothing will ever happen. Task manager doesn't even show up. And it will stay like this indefinitely, so I have to press and hold my power button. Please help!

too big in size.
04-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra: Overture crashes computer

(04-24-2011, 04:58 AM)samusaran253 Wrote: If I recall correctly, I had this same problem with the Steam version of Deus Ex. I have a horrible and old computer that has many problems and crashes for no reason when launching some programs. Well, when I try to launch Penumbra: Overture with Steam, my computer freezes up. The game doesn't launch, but I can still move my mouse and sometimes even click things, but nothing will ever happen. Task manager doesn't even show up. And it will stay like this indefinitely, so I have to press and hold my power button. Please help!

What graphics card do you have? This happened when i tried to play overture on my netbook, seems it doesn't work with integrated intel graphics.
04-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Website Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra: Overture crashes computer

More info please - cpu model / clock speed, gpu, operating system?

In the mean time in steam right click on penumbra > Properties > local files tab > Verify local cache.
See if that finds anything wrong, if it does it will download the missing / broken files and fix any anomalies. (Hopefully)
04-25-2011, 02:48 AM
Find