Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Childhood fears?
TGST Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Childhood fears?

Well I am not afraid of anything particular nowadays, but when I was 7-10, I was really scared of sleeping. Maybe because I watched some too disturbing movies, but I guess the biggest reason was that when I experienced "sleep paralysis", I woke up at night in my dream, only to percieve that I couldn't move and a dark figure in the corner at the door was watching me and was getting closer. I woke up pretty much crying and yelling after
04-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

Being chased up stairs.

Likely a result of my older brother whooping my ass.

A lot of people have this. I know this because I regularly chase people up stairs for fun. They really squeel when you claw at their ankles. heheheheh
04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

(04-24-2011, 01:03 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: That is awful, here's to hoping you get lucky :/

Thank you =) I am trying really hard, and i hope things such as map editing and programming which require a lot of hard work and effort might improve my memory and help me tackle it =) After all AngelScript isn't the easiest thing out there is it? xD
04-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

As a child, I was afraid I was moving many times slower than I thought I was; living as a statue that took years to move what was for me seconds, and was on display as a statue where civilizations would scrutinize my every movement. Meanwhile, I only saw what either would have been if I had been born moving in normal time, or a completely imaginary world.
04-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Nothing too notable, mostly just a couple particular rooms in my house when dark and late at night...One of them had many windows and the other has a bunch of old, old black and white photos and dolls...
04-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Find
taph Offline

(04-24-2011, 08:15 AM)Matthias Steel Wrote: why are you scared of Aliens?

I saw Mars Attacks as a kid. <:|

You know. The comedy movie.

Wow, I feel a little bit better about having all of that debilitating paranoia now.
04-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Find
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5

(04-25-2011, 02:33 AM)taph Wrote:
(04-24-2011, 08:15 AM)Matthias Steel Wrote: why are you scared of Aliens?

I saw Mars Attacks as a kid. <:|

You know. The comedy movie.

Wow, I feel a little bit better about having all of that debilitating paranoia now.

Same here dude. That exact movie petrified me of aliens when I was 7.

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
04-25-2011, 02:52 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

Really? I thought that movie was bad, in a hilarious way. I think Independence Day might have built up my tolerance for alien invasions, they came out pretty close if I remember correctly. Falling rocks on the other hand...
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2011, 03:55 AM by graykin.)
04-25-2011, 03:54 AM
Find
Rigi Offline

Well, I was always afraid of making a mistake, or doing something wrong.

And I also didn't like to sleep in the dark. I mean, I wasn't really afraid of the dark itself, but the things that I would see in the dismal light. So, for all of my childhood, I slept in the light.

I also had a recurring dream where I would be going down stairs and I was going so slowly that I would speed up and speed up until I would trip and basically sail over the stairs and straight into the landing, which was enough to startle me awake constantly. Nowadays that's been replaced with being in a car on one of those bridge-roads over another road and veering off over the side into the road below.
04-25-2011, 04:18 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

I've been literaly terrified of house fires my whole life. Being in two of them (at age 10 and again at age 27) certainly haven't helped with it.

When I was little, i was also scared to death of grand pianos, especailly the black lacquer ones. They just seemed so.. sinister. I still have no idea why they frightened me so much, and I still don't like them either. XD

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
04-25-2011, 05:04 AM
Find