Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Whispers played backwards
Schyzzo
Unregistered

RE: Whispers played backwards

dan21 Wrote:This is interesting. For those who don't know, your brain can register things like this even though it is played backwards. While you don't consciously recognize it, your subliminal mind processes the information. If it's in Swedish I don't think the effect is the same if you don't speak Swedish :-)

NOpe. Not in backwards. If it was barely audible or fragmented u could call it Subliminar (in latin: under the limits) messenge.
By the way, since it is in swedish, only swedish ppl would be affected.
04-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6

Bad theory overall, I had no way of telling that it was Swedish, I thought it'd be English, but you could hear that it was backwards. Just funny that it was Swedish.

/Breaker
04-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Find
cuber3 Offline

I noticed one of the warning signs had dutch text on it Smile
The whispers thing is awesome, nice to see that someone actually took the time to record and reverse them Big Grin
04-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Find
Shaamaan Offline

Threads: 1

Aww... I was expecting something more scary here... Tongue
04-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Shaamaan: Before you knew what was said you probably thought they were scary? So it hasn't got anything to do what they say, but how they say it.

Which makes perfect sense.

/Breaker
04-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Find
Shaamaan Offline

Well, scary, no... Creepy, definitely.

Yeah, you're right.

But someone once analized what the zombies from HL2 say when they're on fire. Now THAT was scary. :O
04-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Cool. Gonna find out what they scream, I like some detective work so to speak 8).

/Breaker
04-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Find
stAtic15 Offline

Threads: 0

Sweet, be sure to post it here.

PenumbrA ;)
04-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Right, I just found out what the zombies scream (I thought that it'd be cool, turns out it was nothing special) and it was just "Help me" or possibly "Hjelp mig" in danish/norwegian. If you think that's more scary than those whispers played backwards I don't know what to say.

That was all they screamed, and shame on you Shaamaan for making me think it was some really cool thing that you needed to play backwards or otherwise modify to understand!

/Breaker
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2007, 12:46 AM by Stammetje91.)
04-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Find
Shaamaan Offline

Willbreaker Wrote:That was all they screamed, and shame on you Shaamaan for making me think it was some really cool thing that you needed to play backwards or otherwise modify to understand!

/Breaker

Sorry, I guess there was a minor misunderstanding. What I heard was a cleaned up version of what the zombies were saying. Cleaned up, meaning no background sounds, just the voice as it was played in the game. As such, the way it was said was scary. That's what I meant.

Also, I DO believe there was something more besides "help me"... Not sure now, tis was a long time ago I played HL2.
04-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Find