Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Remember your newbie moments?
zEminess Offline

Threads: 1
Remember your newbie moments?

Don't deny it! We've ALL had them. And when you get past that 'Wall' that seems to be blocking off your rational thinking, you think to yourself "Lord, how could I have been that stupid?" Or quite possibly the opposite? Maybe you think you're a GENIUS for figuring that IMPOSSIBLE PUZZLE out? Why don't we share them? Laugh at our mistakes, and keep trudging through Brennenburg with no sanity whatsoever!
(Best Scares are also appreciated, don't we love em!)
05-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Find
Maple Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Remember your newbie moments?

The doors! The doors! The cursed doors!

I kept walking into most because I couldn't remember that they usually open towards you and not away. Yes, I could not even open the doors in the gameBlush, so you can imagine how hard the puzzles would have been.Tongue
05-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

I have one for Justine, the Amnesia DLC(Update v1.2). I wasn't a noob since I have finished Amnesia twice but here you go:

Spoiler below!
It was somehow embarrassing that I never found out that your main player in Justine is actually a woman and more specifically, Justine herself. Another user told me like 2 days ago after having finished the DLC like 3 times and I said "oh no, how stupid am I not to get that?" Even the jump and scare voices of your player were female like - I simply never noticed it! Anyway, that's me...

EDIT: Maybe this thread should be moved to the spoilers section. It is going to be soon full of them....
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 11:54 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Find
Amnesia15 Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

Well some times when i saw some crates in the room i put them in a pile against the door... xD and some times while putting the crates in a pile against the door i didnt know that the monster is in the room with me so he killed me Tongue
05-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(05-22-2011, 11:53 PM)Amnesia15 Wrote: Well some times when i saw some crates in the room i put them in a pile against the door... xD and some times while putting the crates in a pile against the door i didnt know that the monster is in the room with me so he killed me Tongue

Oh you reminded me of something. At the first levels of the main game I would constantly block the doors with chairs, boxes, rocks, even books just to search the room feeling safe. Well, especially at the begging where there are no monsters, afterwards I had to remove all these in order to leave the room making all my work useless! All those barricades went for nothing...
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 11:58 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Find
zEminess Offline

Quote: Well some times when i saw some crates in the room i put them in a pile against the door... xD and some times while putting the crates in a pile against the door i didnt know that the monster is in the room with me so he killed me

Oh dang! I did the opposite all the time when I started playing the game... Go in a room for safety, don't shut door, turn around, and die. Repeat 10-20 times until the Cistern and that's my gameplay Big Grin
05-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(05-22-2011, 11:59 PM)zEminess Wrote:
Quote: Well some times when i saw some crates in the room i put them in a pile against the door... xD and some times while putting the crates in a pile against the door i didnt know that the monster is in the room with me so he killed me

Oh dang! I did the opposite all the time when I started playing the game... Go in a room for safety, don't shut door, turn around, and die. Repeat 10-20 times until the Cistern and that's my gameplay Big Grin

I was doing exactly the opposite: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid71380
05-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Find
Maple Offline

Threads: 2

I never closed any of the doors, I was challenged enough by them...
05-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

i didn't realy had a newbi momment... exept for the cistern level... wend we had to switch the 3 valves i just couldn't find the last one... and then every thing has gone red a full of that fleshy stuff... i was like: "OMFG WERE THA F*** IS THAT F**** VALVE???!!! wend i finnaly found it... it wasn't reachable... because the wood bridge... i just didn't knew how to lower it xD!!! 2 weeks passed because i didn't knew what to do and because i was too scared to play more xD!!! and then one day i noticed wend Daniel examines the bridge... He says that its is attached to a rusty chain... a obvios idea came to my mind... but i thought it was too obvios... too simple and too easy... i picked up a rock while i told to myself "thats is totaly not going to work... they probably have made a super complex puzzle for that"... I threw the stone to the chain and.... guess what? it broke and i could finnaly reach the last valve... all this whit this face http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lihgo4ggAX1qzlp0c.gif (not my actual face)
05-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Website Find
zEminess Offline

Quote: i didn't realy had a newbi momment... exept for the cistern level... wend we had to switch the 3 valves i just couldn't find the last one... and then every thing has gone red a full of that fleshy stuff... i was like: "OMFG WERE THA F*** IS THAT F**** VALVE???!!! wend i finnaly found it... it wasn't reachable... because the wood bridge... i just didn't knew how to lower it xD!!! 2 weeks passed because i didn't knew what to do and because i was too scared to play more xD!!! and then one day i noticed wend Daniel examines the bridge... He says that its is attached to a rusty chain... a obvios idea came to my mind... but i thought it was too obvios... too simple and too easy... i picked up a rock while i told to myself "thats is totaly not going to work... they probably have made a super complex puzzle for that"... I threw the stone to the chain and.... guess what? it broke and i could finnaly reach the last valve... all this whit this face http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lihgo4ggAX1qzlp0c.gif (not my actual face)

Amnesia makes one REALLY over-think the situation sometimes. When the answer is...REALLY simple. That happened to me too Tongue
05-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Find