Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Problem with the power cable
iXus Offline

Threads: 1
Problem with the power cable

Hello everyone,

I have quick question.

Spoiler below!
I'm at the yellow digging machine, and I've already put in the gasoline and sticked the key in the control panel. Now it says theres no power so I try to connect the power cabinet with the control panel with the cable. How do I get the cable in correctly? I use the physics but everytime one of them hangs in, and I try to put the other one in, the other side falls out of the socket again. Is there any trick for this?

Thanks in advance ppl.
04-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

RE: Problem with the power cable

iXus Wrote:Hello everyone,

I have quick question.

Spoiler below!
I'm at the yellow digging machine, and I've already put in the gasoline and sticked the key in the control panel. Now it says theres no power so I try to connect the power cabinet with the control panel with the cable. How do I get the cable in correctly? I use the physics but everytime one of them hangs in, and I try to put the other one in, the other side falls out of the socket again. Is there any trick for this?

Thanks in advance ppl.

Spoiler below!
Very wierd worked for me the first time i tried....
the cable got 2 sides and they both not matched only one of them matches the powerbox the other side you ahve to connect to the pannel where you put the key if im correct just check to find another electric plug
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2007, 01:41 PM by dantsp.)
04-04-2007, 01:40 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

It sounds like a bug, can you upload the saved game for this part? Make sure you zip the saved game first because I do not think .sav files will be accepted by the forum.

Saved games are found in My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode1
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Website Find
iXus Offline

jens Wrote:It sounds like a bug, can you upload the saved game for this part? Make sure you zip the saved game first because I do not think .sav files will be accepted by the forum.

Spoiler below!
Sorry, I got it already, I had the wrong sides. When I turned the cable around it worked perfectly Smile
04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Find
kleudde Offline

Threads: 0

(04-04-2007, 01:55 PM)jens Wrote: It sounds like a bug, can you upload the saved game for this part? Make sure you zip the saved game first because I do not think .sav files will be accepted by the forum.

Hi Jens,
I think there is a bug with the cords to connect to make the yellow digging machine to work...
can you look into it please? I'm uploading it on this reply
Thx!
06-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Find
Aliennoffe Offline

Threads: 18

Only one works.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
06-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Find
TheDivineFortress Offline

Hi, I've been having a problem with the power cable too...it seems to be that bug when you try to pick an item up it just flys halfway across the screen...I can get one side of the power cable in but the other side seems to just fly away everytime I make contact with it... If anyone could help i'd appreciate it thanks
07-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Find
Nycticorax Offline

Threads: 2

(07-24-2010, 03:43 PM)TheDivineFortress Wrote: Hi, I've been having a problem with the power cable too...it seems to be that bug when you try to pick an item up it just flys halfway across the screen...I can get one side of the power cable in but the other side seems to just fly away everytime I make contact with it... If anyone could help i'd appreciate it thanks
Yes, I experienced the same bug. Try loading the last save before you handle the power cable. Then plug at both ends. It should be OK.
09-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Find