Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Latest update 3/09/2011
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Latest update 6/15/2011

(06-17-2011, 04:56 PM)Seuchensoldat Wrote: Still had no luck with the servant's quarters. I will reinstall Amnesia later, maybe there is some weird bug going on.
strange, last version of map + Amnesia 1.0.2 patched - works fine, check again

06-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3

Hm, indeed this happens on other maps too. So it must be something with my Amnesia install I think. I'm sorry that you have to fix a bug that you can't fix.. Sad
06-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Find
cook Offline

Threads: 6

Big pathing fix inc soon as soon as I've tested it, preliminary tests show a huge increase in monster speed/intelligence, I never would've guessed that lowering the nodes into the floor would've done it but its made the monsters much better already. Is this the placebo effect?
06-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

Threads: 0

(06-22-2011, 08:51 AM)cook Wrote: Big pathing fix inc soon as soon as I've tested it, preliminary tests show a huge increase in monster speed/intelligence, I never would've guessed that lowering the nodes into the floor would've done it but its made the monsters much better already. Is this the placebo effect?

Oh god you're sadistic =P

Still looking forward to the completed story with bated breath and plenty of Laudanum potions~
06-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3

Ah, it's working now! The reason for it were the custom grunt models from "Fading Memories" I think. After I deleted them and put the original grunts back in place it works perfectly.

Edit: Finished your custom story. Great atmosphere!

Spoiler below!
I got some great scary moments in the workshop. It's not nice to run from an angry grunt while nearly shitting my pants. Big Grin

Let's hope that you will finish your work. It's sad to see that some stories with great potential will rot on the hard drive with only a demo out.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2011, 06:06 PM by Seuchensoldat.)
06-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Find
cook Offline

Slight update - been at a massive mental block here, flipping between one idea and the next based on the pace of the story, as a result the Gallery has been taking a lot longer than it should, but I'm over that now and I've decided the Gallery will not be a relaxing area, which gives me a lot more freedom to implement the huge amount of ideas I just couldn't put anywhere else.

I'll be updating the demo in a few days too, made massive changes to the Entry Hall, pathing, add lights near items that are hard to find to make it slightly easier, improved the direction of the workshop, so the player knows where to go and made it look better overall, and greatly improved pathing of the grunts in it, and added effects to pouring/crowbarring stuff and so on.

I'll probably be uploading a YouTube preview of the Gallery in a few days if I'm happy with it.

Keep checking the steamcommunity link for frequent screenshots!

EDIT:
I've come up with a story idea that can not only tie up a lot of holes in the story, but give motivation to the character to move deeper into the castle, and it was all in my face all along. I already have multiple endings planned, and I'm setting to work on improving notes. Study is receiving a major overhaul, considering doing the same to the Cellar since they were both sub-par to the Workshop, and I dislike having maps on different levels of quality. Entry Hall has already been refurbished.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2011, 12:48 PM by cook.)
07-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Threads: 5

It's great that you're editing these areas, though I felt they looked perfect they way they are as I played through the demo, but don't let me stop you. Go and make it better, and I hope this post of mine will help you somehow in those changes.

1 - One of the hammers in the little storage room right next to your bedroom, is standing upright. That's a little silly.

2 - Spawned facing the door when entering the study.

3 - When you open the center drawer in one of the desks in the study, it pulls the top drawer open too because of the two tinderboxes inside it.

4 - Why would a femur be inside a chest? It wasn't an insanity hallucination.

5 - It's awkward to still be losing sanity in the dark in your own bedroom, especially during sleeping time. I guess you should either make a dark box light or make a safe, no sanity loss area in the whole bedroom. Also I felt the second sleeping time was a bit too long, way past the point of a loud noise occurring meanwhile. Shouldn't the protagonist wake up right then?

6 - You're supposed to use the crowbar to use a bunch of the doors, but why aren't we allowed to use it in every locked/boarded door? It's quite inconsistent. Maybe some of these doors that you can't use the crowbar on should be made of metal, or boarded much more heavily.

7 - Most of the doors are annoying in the sense that if you open them too quickly, they tend to swing closed again. I'm guessing you've already edited said doors' positions so that they don't bump into the door frame like this.

8 - Every single event/scare in the basement/cellar are replayed when you reenter it... It's especially funny when you realize this and find the corpse that once flew through a door, is back inside the hallway he came from, lying on the ground in a T-pose. Then if you walk into the trigger area, he flies back out again.

It's overall very good work, though some of the rooms are so cluttered that it's hard to move around in the basement most of the time. This might cause a claustrophobic feel but... I dunno, I say you should judge a bit more which rooms should be inconvenient to walk through. Or don't, I did say they felt perfect.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2011, 12:13 PM by AlexxShadenk777.)
07-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71

Plz upload wannna play this xD
07-26-2011, 06:24 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

When are ya gonna release it? Im very exited about this. The demo was frickin awsome.
07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Website Find
cook Offline

Link is back up, work is resumed - in my time without updating I made 2 new maps and laid the foundation for about 5 others, I hope to return to a more focused approach now.

Also, I haven't ignored what you said Alex and most of it I was aware of - in my eyes it's low priority though but I will get around to it. The re-playing of each scare I wasn't aware of and is caused by something very simple which I can fix instantly, so thanks for that!
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011, 06:36 AM by cook.)
08-29-2011, 05:09 AM
Find