Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] What you think about red?
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: [SPOILER] What you think about red?

I think I'm going to miss Red, but I guess episode 2 may prove otherwise.
08-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Bah, I won't miss him.
Let a character die before even seeing him, DARE DIFFRENCE!

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

we all have our own opinion. some of what he said was a bit creepy, and fitted well in the game.
08-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Find
mangrove Offline

Threads: 0

I think the guy is quite dead. Which is a shame. It's nice to have some company down there, even if they are quite deranged. He was alright at heart. I really liked how he battled to stay coherent. The part where you go to the excavation site and he screams some crap at you, I thought I had done something wrong, until he contacted me again and explained himself. One thing I don't understand is that he somehow always knows where you are despite it only being a one-way comm, and there being no surveillance for him to track you. Though there is an artifact in his room, so maybe this could serve as a 'looking glass'?

I thought the place where he meets his end, the way he's talking to you, it sounds like it's going to be a betrayal, but the guy just wants out. And rightly so after 30(!!) years down there.
08-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

I think one reason "some" don't like him, he's not someone you come across in games often, same thing with "no guns". it's different,
08-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Find
blakker Offline

Threads: 0

Well,
Spoiler below!
after the spider-cave incindent my tought was, "if i find this guy the first thing that i'm going to do is kill him" - when i finally reached him and he asked me to push the switch, i just smiled. I know, I'm a horrible person.
09-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

you know something? I have played so many different types of gamers, but this very game, Penumbra, still gives me an uneasy/uncomfortable feeling when pressing that button and hearing him scream. odd I know.
09-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:you know something? I have played so many different types of gamers, but this very game, Penumbra, still gives me an uneasy/uncomfortable feeling when pressing that button and hearing him scream. odd I know.

i think its the method of death that does that to you. Complete incineration can do that. Plus he's friggin thrashing and screaming.

blakker Wrote:Well,
after the spider-cave incindent my tought was, "if i find this guy the first thing that i'm going to do is kill him" - when i finally reached him and he asked me to push the switch, i just smiled. I know, I'm a horrible person.

You sir, are deranged... Tongue
09-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Website Find
Guest7 Offline

Threads: 17

I am still trying to walk the chemical mixture across the boards without falling-- so I have not seen Red yet.
But... now I know the ending from reading on this forum, and what the player has to do to Red, to complete the game.
EGADS! Sad (why can't he just do it himself, or be already dead)
09-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

banj007 Wrote:
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:you know something? I have played so many different types of gamers, but this very game, Penumbra, still gives me an uneasy/uncomfortable feeling when pressing that button and hearing him scream. odd I know.

i think its the method of death that does that to you. Complete incineration can do that. Plus he's friggin thrashing and screaming.

Yeah, according to those Bergman films, Swedes really know how to give us uncomfortable feelings of seeing and/or hearing such torture.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2007, 09:27 PM by Greatred.)
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Find