Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] What you think about red?
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
RE: [SPOILER] What you think about red?

Mark my words, you're going to be halfway through the game (or earlier) and your radio will pick up "Dear friend, it is I!"

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

Antti Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I don't think he died, i think he some-how faked it, and when you see him at the place where everything gets dark (you open the door, and see a black guy there), i think its him!

Your thoughts, theories and stuff heere
its amazing this still gets posts
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

WindexGlow Wrote:Mark my words, you're going to be halfway through the game (or earlier) and your radio will pick up "Dear friend, it is I!"

This would be so cool and insane at the same time!

02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

jo291 Wrote:
Antti Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I don't think he died, i think he some-how faked it, and when you see him at the place where everything gets dark (you open the door, and see a black guy there), i think its him!

sure thing, why not? Until we play the full version, we have our theories as to who and what happened, why, and why not.

It could go this way:

Red was not in there (despite the picture; could be anyone).
Meaning, Red is alive.

-or-

Red is dead; or close to and that zombie (Grey) is Red. Maybe before he was blue or green, who knows.
Come to think of it, what if this is some code (seriously...or at least for laughs, ok?). Think Hogans Heroes, "This is mama bear. This is Goldi Locks, etc.." code names. Who knows, Red could be one, Grey could be another.
probably not, but I thought I'd just throw that out here.

That black figure could be Red. I don't see it though. Why Red would be burned like that, then show up.

Possibly my final theory (being the release date is nearly here).

Red in some ways, was trying to help you out; while at times, trying to kill you. I think at the end, he realized his death was very near and felt to help you one last time. So he refused the key, and wanted to burned.
You kill him, and am soon confronted by that black figure (whom Red warned you around), and you enter Black Plague.
Grey is most likely just one of the experiments gone wrong (or right; if it was someones intention to do that).

There was some video on youtube where someone is talking to you. I'd find it dumb if both that guy and Red did talk with you. So I'm guessing Red truely is dead.
Shame in a way. Red was interesting.
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:
jo291 Wrote:
Antti Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Red is dead; or close to and that zombie (Grey) is Red. Maybe before he was blue or green, who knows.
Come to think of it, what if this is some code (seriously...or at least for laughs, ok?). Think Hogans Heroes, "This is mama bear. This is Goldi Locks, etc.." code names. Who knows, Red could be one, Grey could be another.
probably not, but I thought I'd just throw that out here.

Actually, that's kinda interesting theory you got there..!

02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Website Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Yeah, I bet theres gonna be a guy named green in this game. But Grey is a first name and Red is Tom Redwood's last name. Red thought it would be better if we called him red do to... What did he say again? Curcustance?
02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Penumbra Wrote:But Grey is a first name and Red is Tom Redwood's last name.
Grey is a first name?
I'm pretty sure that the person on the report was called "Derren Grey", and not "Grey Derren" (which would sound more like a description than a name).

And I still don't think the infected person walking around actually was this Derren Grey, I guess Derren's the dead one tied to a table.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
02-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Oh wait, your right. And we are just assuming that the zombie guy is grey. For all we know Grey could have made it deeper into the shelter.
02-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Find
Janakev Offline

Threads: 1

Well, as I've posted in the Black Plague thread I've completed it. It all makes sense now. Anyone want to know? Apologies but having no one to discuss the whole game with is getting to me.
02-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Find
Neural Tech Offline

Threads: 2

I think he's the most interesting character ever developed for an adventure/horror video game.

The voice acting is 10/10.... there can be no better. Whoever acted those lines out is as professional as they come. The scripting is TOP NOTCH and does nothing short of completely engulf the player in the twisted reality that is Penumbra: Overture.

I just beat the first level last night (going through it again for the 2nd time w/a WAY better machine), and am on the 2nd... and am LOVING it!!!

Red is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!!! lol

I would be too if I'd been left to rot in a deserted mine.
(shudders at the thought)
02-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Find