Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?
antecedence Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?

I played the game with a friend, but we had a two-way headphone jack splitter, it was past midnight, and we had all the lights off. My favorite part was in the Prison (I think) in the corridor that leads to the Cistern. There's that door with the lock that you have to open, right? Well, the monster was chasing me down that hallway and I ran in and closed the door. It knocked it down and started killing me, so I ran into the Cistern. I don't really get scared easily, but I yelped a little during that part and my friend started laughing. One of my most fun experiences ever. =P
02-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24

[Image: 1-Gold.jpg]

02-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Find
amnesiapuzzles Offline

Threads: 3

This.

Spoiler below!

[Image: 3oEdvcwX9X7YAkkxfW.gif]
02-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Find
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7

(02-15-2013, 11:29 PM)amnesiaPUZZLES Wrote: This.

Spoiler below!

That was fucking tense!

My funniest/stupidest moment was like this.
I was in a machin room (the one to put to work the elevator), and I was carrying one gear. I droped it to open a door, just in front of me. I first tried pushing, no result. I tried pulling, and I was like "Damn, the door won´t open because I have to pull and it has the gear blocking it, I´m so stupid". So I put away the gear. I tried pulling again... and no result. It was actually pushing the door...
I know it may not sound funny, but believe me, me and my friend couldn´t have laughed harder, I felt SO stupid...

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
02-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Find
lucky1804 Offline

Threads: 3

My stupidest moment is when i entered one room (cant remember what level) and picked up tinderbox and got out of that room then i heard monster i entered another room to hide but monster was in that room LOL

Sorry for my bad English
02-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Find
AmbrozZomburg Offline

(02-16-2013, 11:36 AM)AdamD Wrote:

Spoiler below!

That was fucking tense!

I was in a machin room (the one to put to work the elevator), and I was carrying one gear. I droped it to open a door, just in front of me. I first tried pushing, no result. I tried pulling, and I was like "Damn, the door won´t open because I have to pull and it has the gear blocking it, I´m so stupid". So I put away the gear. I tried pulling again... and no result. It was actually pushing the door...
I know it may not sound funny, but believe me, me and my friend couldn´t have laughed harder, I felt SO stupid...

LOL I did something similar in the same level. You know, when you have to put coal in a machine? Well, first I was thinking ''We need a shovel to carry the coal!!'' So I take the shovel in the room with the coal everywhere and tried to take some with it. It never work... When I finaly take it one with my hand I felt soooo stupid Blush...
02-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Website Find
maarten12100 Offline

(02-16-2013, 04:35 PM)LeZombificateur Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 11:36 AM)AdamD Wrote:

Spoiler below!

That was fucking tense!

LOL I did something similar in the same level. You know, when you have to put coal in a machine? Well, first I was thinking ''We need a shovel to carry the coal!!'' So I take the shovel in the room with the coal everywhere and tried to take some with it. It never work... When I finaly take it one with my hand I felt soooo stupid Blush...
^this Angel
02-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Find
AJRacer543 Offline

My worst experience... Probably when I was in Storage. After picking up the rods, I decided to try and juke out the monster. I had no idea where he was. It was practically another run of "I have a bag of milkyways." Didn't go so well. He saw me and began to chase me. So I ran for the door out, and upon doing that the other monster (which I had no idea existed) bolted at me from the other direction. I was sandwiched, hit, and killed, then I screamed like I never thought was possible threw my headphones down and ran out of the room.
02-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(This happened on Amnesia: Justine. So if you never played Justine, then don't read the spoilers below.)
Spoiler below!

In the cells, i stack boxes and crates to get up to the part where there's a lot of boxes. After that, i triggered Alois. I got his attention and gets up on the boxes that i've stacked earlier. But, 1 box fell, and i fell. I think you knows what happened next.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2013, 05:45 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
02-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Find
jennipuu Offline

Whenever a monster began to chase me (despite my extremely paranoid efforts to build hiding corners everywhere I could), I never did anything like throw my keyboard across the room, hide under the computer desk or close the game. My fingers were glued to the controls alright, but the problem was that both my brain and hands just completely stopped functioning.

One time I was at the end of a long hallway in the Prison area when a grunt spawned at the other end of the corridor. He noticed me and began wobbling towards me, so I panicked. There were 3 doors just beside me. The corridor was long and the grunt was slow, so I had time to try to open all of the doors carefully, notate that each of them seemed indeed very suitable for hiding, and then close them all again and leave there staring at the approaching monster. See the logic? Weird, me neither. Oh well.

After that I decided that my only chance of survival would be to run straight past the monster, and then... well, keep running some more I guess? I really didn't and still don't have the slightest idea.
Somewhere on the way my shaking fingers just so happened to press Tab while I was still holding Shift, and the Steam window popped up, which caused the controls to stop working. I couldn't figure out where to shut it, so screamed ugly things to it instead.
I managed to find the 'close' button immediately after death though.
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Find