Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?

I had a lot of stupid moments where I freaked out and ended up doing stupid things. For a quick list:

1. Ran straight into the Grunt near the Storage entrance when you're leaving, while blasting Final Fantasy VI's victory fanfare. I died.
2. Did the same thing when you first leave the kitchen in the Prison and the Grunt spawns, without music. This wasn't fatal, but it was close.
3. At the end of the Sewers, when the Brute chases you to the ladder, I somehow forgot how to open doors. I couldn't get the doors before the ladder to open, and just as I did and was turning around to close the door, the Brute got right in the door I was closing, pushed it open, and killed me. Resulting in much screaming.
4. I was in the Choir, about to head back to the entrance so I could follow the pipes to the last torture room. Due to terrifying encounters earlier, I wasn't looking forward to it. I played this music in the background:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPVUAcBQX4Q
I was singing along with it, and began to feel confident, when a Brute spawned very close to me. I screamed extremely loudly and threw my mouse across the room (come to think of it, I'm using the same mouse right now. Surprised it still works fine). After 15 minutes of having the game paused, I unpaused it. The game somehow glitched itself and the Brute walked straight in front of me while I stared at it, not losing any sanity at all. It didn't see me. Then it proceeded to walk very close behind me, still not seeing me. I was so surprised when it despawned a bit later.
5. I blasted 'Never Gonna Give You Up' when running to the last torture room after the above event. I was playing it much louder than the game audio, but noticed the Brute's danger music playing when I got inside the torture room entrance. My reaction was to sing even louder.

I still need to get around to editing my Amnesia reaction video and upload it to YouTube.
06-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Find
Zikky Offline

Threads: 0

Oh wow, where to start! I made so many lolish actions through these 15 hours of horror... can list a few :

1. This was on my second playthrough, and i were gonna scare my littlebrother by doing a "save and exit" right infront of The Grunt who were 1 second away from slashing me. Turns out i forgot about my save and started the game the next day... With music in headset set to max and alone home + plain black room. Yeah i screamed. And stopped playing.

2. Right after when you get the 2 pipe things that's needed to start the elevator, i were on my way back, and ran past the part where the stones had been bombed, and ran right into The Grunt. He were standing maybe one meter away and i smashed Shift. After a few minutes of calming myself i ran past him and made a Leeroy. As i were running for the door, i looked back and realized he were running after me, and all i saw was his face all over my 22" screen and then a slash Sad i survived though. But wow. Made me scream XD

3. When i found the Grunt dead on the floor, i started collecting stones + boxes and whatnot i could find and throwing them over the body, just to hide him. Because i thought his half body would somehow start crawling after me. Lol Big Grin

4. Oh, one classic. I was chased by the water-monster and missed a jump to a box. Splashing in to water i freaked out so much i managed to hit my glass of cola. All over my new keyboard Sad managed to save it though!

That were some i could remember Tongue

"I was weak. That's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now. I know the truth. Now it's time to end this."
06-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

In the Prison after picking up a note a monster (not sure which one) spwaned in the hallway perpendicular to the one I was in so I freaked out and ran into the cell opposite of me,closing the door behind me to prevent the monster from comming in,well when I turned around guess who's there !
Good olde grunt.
I screamed so loud the neighbours came over to see if I was alright. Smile

06-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

In my second playthrough, I was in the part in storage where you open a door and there's a grunt behind it. I knew that, and told my boyfriend "HEY WATCH THIS LAWL." I planned on opening the door a little bit and then slamming it in the grunt's face. I ended up accidentally swinging the door completely open. I panicked, attempted to close it a couple times ("wait wait oh god what have I done") and failed. I had to run away and trigger the flashback nearby to survive.

I felt pretty stupid, but it was funny.
07-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

that grunt that will go away if you come near him, i spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get past him, thats just ridiculous. i did want to commit suicide and came near him, just walked away
oh, and screaming my neighbours awake
i walked backwards against a box or something, it fell i screamed, JK

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM by BlueFury.)
07-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

In the prison, near where you find the glass container, i was sneaking down this long corridor, going from room to room, picking up any important notes/tinderboxes etc.

I came to this one door and the dreaded grunt music started, so i carefully - but quickly opened the prison door and hid inside! Only to hear the Terror screech music playing and find that the grunt was behind me! By this point I had paused the game to think of a plan to escape and get my breath back. I unpaused and tried (in vain) to throw a rock at the grunt, but they were all static rocks. That was possibly the scariest experience of the whole game for me XD

07-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Find
omnibian Offline

Threads: 1

(05-29-2011, 06:52 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: What was it?

Mine was (In no particular place):

I got scared sh*tless in a custom story. I opened up the Steam-in game browser, and started playing the Nyan Cat song. I ran up to the monsters, yelling "NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN!". They did not agree, and they slashed me.

I PRETTY MUCH DID THE SAME THING LOL NO JOKE

LOOK FOR YOURSELF XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rbFCPYnFs4

07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Find
SkuLLfac3 Offline

Threads: 11

My funniest moment was in a custom story:

I went into a cellar. There were a few rooms. I went inside one room and a monster spawned somewhere. Of course I hided in the corner WITH light (stupid I know Big Grin) behind a kind of table thingy. The monster came along and saw me. So jumped on the table and the monster couldn't get me. It standed in front of the table and slashed it. After I threw some barrels against his head I decided to run. But the monster was quick on my side of the table. I went back and fall down from the table in de corner with light. I crouched and the monster didn't see me. Then it left the room Big Grin

[Die Latrine der Angst] The demo of my 1st story (:
07-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

Since i was doing my second custom story (When The Pain Is Side Issue) i let my little brother test it. There was a corridor and when you walked to the other side there was brute. When my little brother heared brutes voice, he said "I know you Jussi (my name), it come behind of me." and started running toward the bruteBig Grin

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
07-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Website Find
Lambda Offline

Threads: 5

Commit suicide in what I think was the chasm.

I over-paniced and jumped down... T_T

Khaaaan!
07-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Find