Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickering Brightness/Darkness
UprightMonkey Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Brick  Flickering Brightness/Darkness

I'm experiencing a very strange bug while playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It seems that the brightness is flickering when light sources leave my field of vision. Basically the light levels are normal when I have a light source on screen but as soon as the light source is off the screen the entire screen goes black. Its causing me to lose immersion into the game which is why I play.

For example I can light a candle and stand right beside it, but if the candle is not actually being looked at, the entire room appears very very dark. I've tried updating to 1.2 but to no avail. I'm using XP SP3, the latest graphic drivers/direct X, and have no background applications running. My card is a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX.

Any insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated.
07-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Flickering Brightness/Darkness

I think flatscreens can have a function where they turn off when the image is very dark and they think it is OK to do it to save power, or something like that. Perhaps see if there is a setting for it or try and increase the gamma in the game's options.
07-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Flickering Brightness/Darkness

Make sure you have this installed:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-275.3...river.html

Turning off VSync might help too. If not, we will see. There are similar topics in this forum but I don't remember what we found about this problem.
07-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Find