Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: Through the Portal Developer Commentary
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
Amnesia: Through the Portal Developer Commentary

Hey guys, in a sad effort to get more people to vote for my game in the contest, I recorded a quick playthrough of my Custom Story, Through the Portal, giving little tidbits of how I made things / why, etc.

Also, I find two glitches that I somehow didn't notice, and they are bad.

Well, if you're bored / want to learn a bit more about my story, might as well give it a look.

Start with part 1:

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF56VPjGkYI)

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
07-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal Developer Commentary

Wow, now that's something I'd like to see.
Sadly, I still haven't played it (though I helped people to play Tongue), but after Wake I imagine it's quite good.

I'll watch it but I want to experience the game first. Thanks for taking your time and making a dev. com.

07-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Website Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

(07-20-2011, 09:00 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Wow, now that's something I'd like to see.
Sadly, I still haven't played it (though I helped people to play Tongue), but after Wake I imagine it's quite good.

I'll watch it but I want to experience the game first. Thanks for taking your time and making a dev. com.

play it. NOW.

Moving on ........ Scot I love your amazing custom story. I would have voted it in all 3 sections if White Night wouldn't have existed xD. But I had to vote only 2. I hope you make another one simillar to this but with an independent story.
07-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Website Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(07-20-2011, 09:40 AM)skypeskype Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 09:00 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Wow, now that's something I'd like to see.

play it. NOW.

Moving on ........ Scot I love your amazing custom story. I would have voted it in all 3 sections if White Night wouldn't have existed xD. But I had to vote only 2. I hope you make another one simillar to this but with an independent story.

:p, I actually mentioned at the end of the commentary that I was mad White Night was gonna take my Best Potential spot.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM by DamnNoHtml.)
07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

watched all three of them. Nice work, I liked your reactions to bugs. That's the way I react when seeing bugs in my story and it's really funny sometimes. That wall thing was really strange.

When I played this story, I don't know why, but I was always expecting monsters and that's why I liked this one. I have to admit that I'm bored of 19th century stories but this one was different. Mainly, I liked those custom sounds and all these ways that you used to create strange materials, rotating, decals, biilboards and stuff like that. I too never really understood the color lines puzzle with the locked monsters and the key but I managed to get through the place.

In general I am a guy that likes a lot finding bugs and easter eggs at games and I have to say that I found like...5 major bugs in this one and I liked it even more! Smile

I really liked how you connected the rainy hall to your mod. At the end I really felt like: why? why go through all this when I could have smashed that bid door leading to the inner sanctum? Why? You know, something like that.

(you know, this started as a small "hey I watched all 3 videos" post but now I think this is your review from me at moddb!)

Keep up the good work Scot! SmileSmileSmile
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM by plutomaniac.)
07-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

well...I voted for White Night but I got my brother to vote for you DamnNoHtml Smile. Congratz for making a sucha successful map!.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Find