Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any News On The Next Instalment?
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Any News On The Next Instalment?

Amnesia is a brilliant game don't get me wrong but I just don't understand why people found the choir so damn scary. I managed to play the whole game over two days without getting that terrified...

As for the next installment I would like them to do an adventure game within an actual town or an outside landscape with plenty of space rather than the normal claustrophobic maps in the previous games. They should really keep weapons out of the picture as well.

So come one Jens or Thomas, shed some light on it!!!!!!!!!
07-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Awwww Sad I was hoping for them to try to top amnesia in the horror department. Haha I think I'm one of the only people that enjoys shit-your-pants scary games XD it gives me kind of an adrenaline rush like riding on a really crazy roller coaster (funny now that I think about it comparing amnesia to a roller coaster...) i was pretty much able to complete it in 2 days, i just did the last 20 minutes on the third day. but I'm sure whatever they come out with will be awesome as I've loved overture and amnesia (I haven't been able to play black plague because of technical issues, but I'm working on fixing that)
07-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Website Find
Umbra Sicarius Offline

Threads: 1

I think that futuristic could work if it was a dark dystopian future in the style of cyberpunk. Like tall gray skyscrapers overlooking dark alleys and slums.you could have some interesting enemies in a setting like that.
07-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

The only problem I would have with them having it in a futuristic city like place is it would feel to open. I mean with amnesia part of why it was so scary is you're usually trapped in a small area with very few places to run too with a monster patrolling the area and I think with a city like set up it would have to be more open because it's outside and with all the alley ways and streets you would have lots of room. Personally I would like to see it set up in a kind of swamp/Forrest like environment (mainly because I'm a sucker when it comes to slender man series so I'm naturally more afraid of forests and also just because they're pretty creepy when you're alone in one Tongue)
07-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Website Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(07-21-2011, 10:26 PM)Darkchef Wrote: Amnesia is a brilliant game don't get me wrong but I just don't understand why people found the choir so damn scary. I managed to play the whole game over two days without getting that terrified...

I think its mainly because you can hear Mr.Tall creaking everywhere you go, except the red fog/mist doesn't allow you to see very far ahead, and thus you have minimal warning to when he's coming.
That, and the place is so large that its easy to get caught looking for the exit or any of the other doors.
07-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

If they make a game with outdoor landscape, then I would prefer a game like "Indiana Jones and the infernal machine".
The best adventure game at this time with very much secret puzzles.
Frictional Games should play this game to get an inspiration for an adventure.

Penumbra & Amnesia are best horror games,
but Indiana Jones and the infernal machine is the best pure adventure.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011, 08:30 AM by Googolplex.)
07-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Yeah I'm hoping that its gunna be a horror based game but with a bit more freedom. Maybe some different outcomes, like not saving a character or not completing a task on time? Just to add to the atmopshere more and adding more ways to complete the game.

I still love the slight linear path, but it still had a lot of exploration. There have been some concept art released for the new game, not sure if its offical, but ill try and find a link

Think A Little, Change A Lot
07-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Find
GetAgrippa Offline

Completely agree with Googolplex again, every game would be better with some infernal machine in it.Smile (favorite game of all time)

If Fate frowns, we all perish.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011, 05:59 PM by GetAgrippa.)
07-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(07-22-2011, 05:59 PM)GetAgrippa Wrote: Completely agree with Googolplex again, every game would be better with some infernal machine in it.Smile (favorite game of all time)

Yes.
Frictional Games REALLY should play this game - it is FANTASTIC.
If they ignore my advice, they do not need to wonder, when someone not wanted to take a glance of Amnesia.

07-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

(07-22-2011, 06:04 PM)Googolplex Wrote: If they ignore my advice, they do not need to wonder, when someone not wanted to take a glance of Amnesia.

Can you rephrase this? Normally I have no trouble understanding you but I can't really make out what you mean by this sentence.
07-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Find