Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any News On The Next Instalment?
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Any News On The Next Instalment?

(07-27-2011, 11:33 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: That's fair enough. Your entitled to your opinion. That's what the thread is for Tongue

But I have to agree with the panicking. I get shit scared of horror games, I dunno why I put myself through playing them haha,, but I was shaking after running like hell. Probably my most intense moment in a game, your just under sooooo much pressure.

I'm hoping that the new game has some longer puzzles, assembling things (machines and objects, rather than potions, by finding the essential parts) Like in Penumbra, fixing the generator or reading the morse code, you need to use your notes to find out how to do the puzzle.
I do it cause they look fun, and the atmosphere/gameplay is fantastic (albeit projectile vomit inducing). But my "shaking" ends up as me sometimes letting go of the computer and ripping out m headphones, then closing my eyes till I'm dead.
Storage literally made me save + exit every 5 minutes.

But with the new game, I do hope we can use notes for clues/help. In amnesia, I think only maybe 1-2 actual notes helped with a puzzle (the tri-rod system?), because the rest of it was given to you easily or you were literally guided through it step by step. Puzzles are fun. I find they make your brain work (so you're not just slaving over a game, you're getting creative), and they can also take your stress levels down from the previous scary sections.
Though in black plague, I did find the whole "stay under the light or you do" scary AND a good puzzle.

07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(07-27-2011, 03:29 PM)BendyBread Wrote: Storage literally made me save + exit every 5 minutes.

Though in black plague, I did find the whole "stay under the light or you do" scary AND a good puzzle.

Yeah I did the same with that and the prison area, it's just pitch black. Great atmosphere though Wink

I'm only on Overture at the mo, so don't tell me Tongue, but that puzzle sounds good. I heard something about a worm chase soon, involving barriers, sorta sounds like Justine.

I'm more interested in what the monsters will be like in the next instalment. Whoever designs them deserves a lot of credit, makes the game stand out from other horrors

Think A Little, Change A Lot
07-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Find
BendyBread Offline

(07-27-2011, 04:30 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote: Yeah I did the same with that and the prison area, it's just pitch black. Great atmosphere though Wink

I'm only on Overture at the mo, so don't tell me Tongue, but that puzzle sounds good. I heard something about a worm chase soon, involving barriers, sorta sounds like Justine.

I'm more interested in what the monsters will be like in the next instalment. Whoever designs them deserves a lot of credit, makes the game stand out from other horrors
I know. Prison was horrifying. The worst bit is, I found a Mr.Face quite literally 2 minutes into the prison, so the whole time I was on edge, rather than getting scared at least halfway through.

And yeah. Who would've ever thought of a monster with a big flappy lip, or a monster with a head split in half and a massive blade for an arm. Theyre truly horrifying beasts. This game will only advance upon these new inventions, I'd imagine.
07-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I hope, that the next game will not be only for steam.
They drinked some tee with Valve and so I suspect bad things.

I would never buy a game that have to use steam to run!
You can make a separat steam version, but not a compulsory one.

Valve ruined all good games with their online-duty for me!
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2011, 11:47 AM by Googolplex.)
07-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(07-28-2011, 11:46 AM)Googolplex Wrote: They drinked some tee with Valve and so I suspect bad things.

Yes, everyone drank some tea with Valve sells their souls to them. And they are planning to reviver Great Cthulhu.

07-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Website Find
BendyBread Offline

(07-28-2011, 01:08 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 11:46 AM)Googolplex Wrote: They drinked some tee with Valve and so I suspect bad things.

Yes, everyone drank some tea with Valve sells their souls to them. And they are planning to reviver Great Cthulhu.

Just a question. Is there any different between buying Amnesia from Steam compared to via Frictional Games site? I mean, does Steam offer anything special? (I have the game already but steam confuses me as a whole)
07-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

I get most of my games from steam. They seem to be the cheapest place to buy games, but I would prefer a disc copy. But the good thing is that if you need to reformat your PC for some reason, the games are saved on steam and you just need to reinstall them.

I find it good for downloading demo's before I get the full version just in case it doesn't run well.

07-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

(07-26-2011, 04:20 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: So this topic simply turned out to be a Amnesia vs Penumbra Smile

Until we get any news on the next instalment, I guess.

Also, I am confident that the PR/advertising leading up to the next game will prepare us for the difference in atmosphere/tone/genre.
07-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Yeah, I do love the dark atmosphere to the games, but maybe a change of tone may be a good thing. Could still be a scary game even if areas where well fit. Maybe a more modern age?

I still can't find the concept art my friend showed me, it wasn't much, but I remember it being some sort of dark city or something...

08-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Find
TheLostSentinel Offline

Personally I want to see more horror. Amnesia was the first game in known existence (and I have played a lot of horror games) to actually give me a little bit of the creeps. Not enough to scare me, perse... but it left me double checking over my shoulder when I was home alone and stuff. haha. I think horror is Frictional games element, they do -very- well with it, and make the game actually scary. I think it's the fact that they don't hand the player weapons. Which is typically the weak point in games trying their hardest to be scary. If you have a weapon, what do you need to be afraid of? But even still, even if it's not a horror title... I will definitely fork over money for the next game Frictional Games releases. I own every title they've made so far, cause they're entertaining! I just hope they don't let go of that horror aspect, and keep developing awesome monsters, puzzles, stories, and just awesome things overall.

The only real change I want to see is if the monster AI's were smarter. Able to hear sound, see quick movement, searched more thoroughly, changed their searching paths, randomly spawned at random times, etc. Would be pretty awesome.
08-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Find