Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any News On The Next Instalment?
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Any News On The Next Instalment?

Yeah overture was pretty tame overall, there wasn't really anything that was 'scary' whatsoever, it did set up the story for black plague rather well though.

As for Penumbra being better than Amnesia ... It's not....

But i was talking from the aspect of puzzles being more present and yes I did feel the enemies were a bit more aggressive however the overall horror and atmosphere is better in Amnesia.
07-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Website Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(07-26-2011, 04:03 PM)Darkchef Wrote: the overall horror and atmosphere is better in Amnesia.

100% with you there. Yeah the puzzles are better in Penumbra, but the design of the monsters, level design, sound effects and the atmosphere is outstanding. Never seen anything scarier than that grunt/floppy jaw.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
07-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

So this topic simply turned out to be a Amnesia vs Penumbra Smile

07-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Website Find
BrooksyFC Offline

(07-26-2011, 04:20 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: So this topic simply turned out to be a Amnesia vs Penumbra Smile

Pahahaha!!! I dunno how that happened...

Come on guys...back on topic...

07-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

It's not even about bloody Penumbra vs Amnesia, make a seperate thread if you want to discuss that.

On second thought, dont, it's moronic. Penumbra was intentionally made to be more puzzle orientated. Amnesia was made to be more horror than puzzle. Amnesia also had a further advanced system for graphics and physics, as well as have a better budget. Thus, its more "pretty".
Plus whats the point comparing. Both games are from the same company. If you were going to compare games, youd do like Dead Space 2 vs Fear 3 or something.
07-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Find
jenskaj1 Offline

Honestly. i don't like the move to do less horror, every frictional game fan is here for the horror, just doing less horror will disapoint me and a huge chunk of fans.
07-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Find
BendyBread Offline

(07-26-2011, 06:45 PM)jenskaj1 Wrote: Honestly. i don't like the move to do less horror, every frictional game fan is here for the horror, just doing less horror will disapoint me and a huge chunk of fans.

And a huge chunk of us like less horrors so we can enjoy the games puzzles without fearing a bloody assault.
Once again, this isnt about the two game comparisons.
07-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

(07-27-2011, 06:48 AM)BendyBread Wrote: And a huge chunk of us like less horrors so we can enjoy the games puzzles without fearing a bloody assault.

But that's the fun, just in Justin...
Spoiler below!
Running from the monster, finding the gears and turning them to escape while he smashes down the door ad chases you Undecided

It's all part of the fun of the game IMO. Makes the game more intense. I'm hoping they still have the horror genre, but with a bit more exploration and possibly some side stories?

07-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

(07-27-2011, 10:03 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 06:48 AM)BendyBread Wrote: And a huge chunk of us like less horrors so we can enjoy the games puzzles without fearing a bloody assault.

But that's the fun, just in Justin...
Spoiler below!
Running from the monster, finding the gears and turning them to escape while he smashes down the door ad chases you Undecided

It's all part of the fun of the game IMO. Makes the game more intense. I'm hoping they still have the horror genre, but with a bit more exploration and possibly some side stories?
Then of course you're not in the particular "group" I belong to. Some like horror, some dont. I LOVE horror, but the game itself pretty much made me shit myself. It was more fun having mild horror + puzzles than hardcore horror that didnt enable me to do anything. This is my opinion though.

Plus Justine kind of annoyed me more than anything. My panicking made me make too many mistakes and the screechy music + sounds of the monster (Malo?) kept making me give up or be too scared to finish.
07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

That's fair enough. Your entitled to your opinion. That's what the thread is for Tongue

But I have to agree with the panicking. I get shit scared of horror games, I dunno why I put myself through playing them haha,, but I was shaking after running like hell. Probably my most intense moment in a game, your just under sooooo much pressure.

I'm hoping that the new game has some longer puzzles, assembling things (machines and objects, rather than potions, by finding the essential parts) Like in Penumbra, fixing the generator or reading the morse code, you need to use your notes to find out how to do the puzzle.

07-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Find