Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Alone in Hell
NadTheBat Offline

Threads: 4
Alone in Hell

This is a custom story that I have been working on for a while, and I've finally finished the first level (more things will be added, such as more notes and proper enemy A.I.). I decided to release this so that I could get feedback on what other people think before I get really far into development. When the story is finished there will be about 15 levels in all. So please, download this and tell me how I did!

The .rar file is smaller, but from what I understand .rar files are only windows compatible. The .zip is a bit bigger but is compatible with Mac and Linux as well as Windows.

DOWNLOADS:
ALONE IN HELL.RAR

ALONE IN HELL.ZIP

UPDATES.TXT

KEY FEATURES:
-Frightening surprises at every turn.
-Every note is voice-acted.
-Intriguing storyline and massive back-story.
-Unique lighting effects.

Walkthroughs/LP's

Quote:Zeravia's LP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxeuVFxr294 - Part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4V-IBDTNQo - Part two

Quote:ExocticGames' LP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is-DUOhFdOQ

UPDATES

UPDATE 6: This will be the last update until the full story
is released (sad face). But luckily for all of you, this is
the full demo!!! I hope you all enjoy it, and look forward
to the full version!
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2011, 01:31 AM by NadTheBat.)
08-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Alone in Hell

Great story so far, nicely designed areas with unique lighting and custom models. I would suggest not to introduce monsters that early, as soon as I spawned I could hear the music and noises from them. The (somewhat disturbing) voice-acted notes was a good touch but you should add more items in the rooms. Most of them seemed to exist just to admire the lighting, not encourage exploring.

I hate mazes, please don't add anymore Tongue

Interested in seeing what you do next with this story.

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011, 02:37 PM by Tenno.)
08-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Find
NadTheBat Offline

(08-12-2011, 02:37 PM)Tenno Wrote: Great story so far, nicely designed areas with unique lighting and custom models. I would suggest not to introduce monsters that early, as soon as I spawned I could hear the music and noises from them. The (somewhat disturbing) voice-acted notes was a good touch but you should add more items in the rooms. Most of them seemed to exist just to admire the lighting, not encourage exploring.

That first grunt actually isn't supposed to be there, I meant to take that out after I had one of my friends test it, I'll make sure I take it out for the next version. Big Grin Items in the rooms are the next thing to do on my list, so that will most likely be in the next version as well. Big Grin

...And I'm glad you liked the maze. Not sure if you knew this, but in that maze there's sixteen rooms, one of them contains the key to the exit. Be careful which rooms you look in though...
08-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

(08-12-2011, 03:05 PM)NadTheBat Wrote:
(08-12-2011, 02:37 PM)Tenno Wrote: Great story so far, nicely designed areas with unique lighting and custom models. I would suggest not to introduce monsters that early, as soon as I spawned I could hear the music and noises from them. The (somewhat disturbing) voice-acted notes was a good touch but you should add more items in the rooms. Most of them seemed to exist just to admire the lighting, not encourage exploring.

That first grunt actually isn't supposed to be there, I meant to take that out after I had one of my friends test it, I'll make sure I take it out for the next version. Big Grin Items in the rooms are the next thing to do on my list, so that will most likely be in the next version as well. Big Grin

...And I'm glad you liked the maze. Not sure if you knew this, but in that maze there's sixteen rooms, one of them contains the key to the exit. Be careful which rooms you look in though...

Yes I realized, I'm just not really a fan of first-person mazes Tongue

08-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

I honestly didn't find it enjoyable. Still needs alot of work on lighting, flickering, and alot of walking ;(

edit: I found the key, by dumb chance I looked at the ground. But I've searched every door, every room, and for good measures fell off the bridge to see if their was anything under their. Can't find a door to open the key with.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011, 04:10 PM by Rapture.)
08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Find
badfollower Offline

The game starts off pretty good but the minute it comes the the maze everything just gets depressing. Got the key and right now gone insane looking for a door - 45 minutes in -.-
08-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

(08-12-2011, 04:41 PM)badfollower Wrote: The game starts off pretty good but the minute it comes the the maze everything just gets depressing. Got the key and right now gone insane looking for a door - 45 minutes in -.-

Yeah, wretched mazes Angry

08-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Find
NadTheBat Offline

Just so everyone knows: The door that the key unlocks can be found if you go straight when you enter the maze.
08-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Find
badfollower Offline

Am not obsessed but really tried hard looking for that door. Even went as far as taking all the boxes and climbing up on the ceiling. There's no door! Here look put a sav file so you can look for yourself...http://www.mediafire.com/?q2wy7br3nys52es
08-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Find
NadTheBat Offline

(08-12-2011, 05:59 PM)badfollower Wrote: Am not obsessed but really tried hard looking for that door. Even went as far as taking all the boxes and climbing up on the ceiling. There's no door! Here look put a sav file so you can look for yourself...http://www.mediafire.com/?q2wy7br3nys52es

Just so everyone knows: The door that the key unlocks can be found if you go straight when you enter the maze.
08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Find