Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra in Sims 3
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: Penumbra in Sims 3

don't worry about it. It looks great already! Smile
09-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

Moar pics!

Apparently thinking of raiding the fridge appeals to Clarence's evil side.

[Image: Screenshot-82.jpg]

The burning barrels work. Burn baby, burn.

[Image: Screenshot-87.jpg]

Phillip walks in on Clarence while the latter is trying to shower. To be fair, Clarence was in Phillip's bathroom.

[Image: Screenshot-95.jpg]

Damnit Eminiss, put your clothes on and eat your breakfast.

[Image: Screenshot-106.jpg]

After Phillip completed the Oh My Ghost! opportunity, Red is now a controlable ghost. He can get a job, get married, even have ghost babies if he wants. I'm tempted to turn on Story Progression - which will allow the game to run the household while I'm off playing another family - and then come back and see what who shacked up with who, and who's enemies with who. Oddly enough, I'm willing to bet Clarence and Amabel would end up together, because, despite the fact that Clarence is downright nasty to her at times, they're actually becoming pretty good friends. Go figure.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
09-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

I wanted to comment earlier, but was unable to. Haha killing Red!
Dr. Eminiss looks a lot like how I imagined him from his voice. Great job.
Looking forward to seeing what happens with this lot. Smile
09-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

(09-20-2011, 03:05 AM)Frost Wrote: I wanted to comment earlier, but was unable to. Haha killing Red!

Yup, just lock 'em in a room with no door, a stove, and plently of flammable stuff. Have them start to cook something, and then cancel the cook command. The stove ignites, and the fire spreads through the other objects to the sim. It's one of the easiest ways to kill a sim. The easiest way it to open the cheat box, type in "testingcheatsenabled true" and click on their needs and drag hunger, bladder, and energy down until the bottoom out, which will cause the sim to die instantly of needs failure. That is how I killed Howard.

Dr. Eminiss looks alot like how you imagined him? AWESOME! You have no idea how thrilled I am to hear that. So far, he's my favorite of the group. XD

09-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(09-19-2011, 09:11 PM)eiahmon Wrote: The only times I saw his hair, he was blond in game, and that is what he is in sims.

Actually, if you take a look at the intro of Penumbra Tech Demo, he has brown hair. However, if you look at the Black Plague intro, he has blond hair.

09-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(09-20-2011, 02:41 PM)Scraper Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 09:11 PM)eiahmon Wrote: The only times I saw his hair, he was blond in game, and that is what he is in sims.

Actually, if you take a look at the intro of Penumbra Tech Demo, he has brown hair. However, if you look at the Black Plague intro, he has blond hair.
never noticed that, the tech demo is different of course...
09-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I'd say keep the blonde hair. Black plague is the most famous game in the series so I think it's the one you should base stuff like that on.

Posting Freak
09-21-2011, 12:35 AM
Website Find
eiahmon Offline

(09-20-2011, 02:41 PM)Scraper Wrote:

Interesting. I've never played the tech demo. *add to To-Do List* I think I'm going to go along with kman and keep the blond hair and just darken it so it doesn't look white under bright light.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else here played Final Fantasy VIII? Does anyone notice Clarence's resemblence to Seifter in the screencap of his fridge raiding thoughts above? Or is it jut me?

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2011, 06:06 AM by eiahmon.)
09-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

(09-20-2011, 03:55 AM)eiahmon Wrote:
(09-20-2011, 03:05 AM)Frost Wrote: I wanted to comment earlier, but was unable to. Haha killing Red!

Yup, just lock 'em in a room with no door, a stove, and plently of flammable stuff. Have them start to cook something, and then cancel the cook command. The stove ignites, and the fire spreads through the other objects to the sim. It's one of the easiest ways to kill a sim. The easiest way it to open the cheat box, type in "testingcheatsenabled true" and click on their needs and drag hunger, bladder, and energy down until the bottoom out, which will cause the sim to die instantly of needs failure. That is how I killed Howard.

Dr. Eminiss looks alot like how you imagined him? AWESOME! You have no idea how thrilled I am to hear that. So far, he's my favorite of the group. XD
Aw cheats! When I killed a sim from lack of needs, I just built him a little 1x1 house with no door and just let him panic himself to death. I think the hardest way to kill a sim is electrocution... I tried but each time Death just laughed at him and brought him back to life. :/
Yeah, Eminiss looks great. I mean, the others do too (I find it interesting how Clarence is a clone of Philip) but I think you did a great job with him with no reference. Smile

09-21-2011, 06:13 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

(09-21-2011, 06:13 AM)Frost Wrote:
(09-20-2011, 03:55 AM)eiahmon Wrote:

Aw cheats! When I killed a sim from lack of needs, I just built him a little 1x1 house with no door and just let him panic himself to death. I think the hardest way to kill a sim is electrocution... I tried but each time Death just laughed at him and brought him back to life. :/
Yeah, Eminiss looks great. I mean, the others do too (I find it interesting how Clarence is a clone of Philip) but I think you did a great job with him with no reference. Smile

Are you kidding? The last time I locked a sim in a tiny room to die, it took him four days to starve. After that, I figured that testingcheatsenabled true was my new best friend. XD Besides, I got tired of listening to him howl about how he couldn't get out of the room I had locked him in.

If Death laughed and brought him back, he must have had either the Unluky trait or the Loser trait. Ami I right?

I haven't had a sim die of electrocution yet. (Though I've had one get jolted a few times.) I've had fire, needs failure, drowning, and meteor strike though. You?

I knew from the get-go how I was going to have Clarence look. I was going for an "evil twin" type of thing. I even gave them the same surname, but they aren't related.

09-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Find