Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Teamnesia: A community-wide effort
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Teamnesia: A community-wide effort

ModDB Page

Hey guys. If you've noticed the thread titled 'Teamnesia Marathon' and checked it out, you'll know the details of this project. If not, I'll run through them in greater detail and start outlining some of the requirements for participating!

First off, Teamnesia is a what I would call a community effort project. It will be a custom story comprised of maps from the entire FG mod community. Everyone will be able to participate as long as their contributions follow a simple set of guidelines.

The goal of Teamnesia is to play through, experience, and enjoy the work your peers have spent so much time and effort on. There is no background story, but as you'll read below, I strongly encourage your make your map have a theme or short story to it.

To participate, your map must:

- Have a specially formatted lang file: see here
- Have been thoroughly tested by either yourself or a fellow QA tester.
- Have no notes or diaries.* Sorry!
- All mementos (quests) must be resolved and removed upon completion.**
- Have a checkpoint at the start of your map.
- Not have a lantern placed in it.
- Not be ALL about monsters.
- Not be ALL about keys.
- No crowbars. Really.
- Be packaged in the usual custom story format; I will take your lang file and any custom assets and merge them with the overall files.

* They will clutter as the overall story progresses. I may create a custom "emotion stone" entity which is actually a note. This way you can have the player read a large block of text without actually storing it in the journal.

** Otherwise they will remain in the journal across all maps, potentially causing the player confusion.

Some guidelines:

- Have a door or some place the player must get to so they can return to the hub. The hub's file name will be teamnesia_hub.map for level door, ChangeMap() purposes.
- Avoid cheap scares. They'll get old really fast in this custom story.
- Be creative. Trolling attempts are welcome (to a degree)
- Make a theme: Outdoors, indoors, Honey-I-Shrunk-Daniel, Platforming, Dedication, Futuristic - Anything you want!
- Make it have a short story behind it. Think creepypasta.
- Have fun. This custom story is about getting your work out there and enjoying the work of others.

To contribute:

- If your map is a WIP send a PM to me with the title and the name you wish to be credited with. A catchy screenshot won't hurt either.
- Package your story in the usual format and send a download link to me via PM. Include a screenshot and title so I can post a small little preview of each map being included in the project.
- NEW! If you're participating, send short "hook" or introduction. This can be your map's loading text or a few sentences to let people know what to expect.

Current maps: (click for a screenshot)

palistov: The Tunnel
The tunnel predated the small cliff-side school under which it ran. In fact, rumor has it the academy was built to hide it.

Phoroneus: The Hub / (?)

Khyrpa: AbstractColorfulMoodyPlatformer (?)

Selyp: Trials of the Seven / The Cult
Seven Trials for Seven Gods. Pass the tests of Strength, Skill, Wisdom, Judgement, Innocence, Faith, and the Unknown to receive their blessing and continue your journey.

Apjjm: Platform Perils

Acies: Library of Alexandria

Your Computer: Amnesia's Creed

Currently looking for:

Idea-smiths: Like blacksmiths, but for ideas. Cool ideas that people will like.

Screenshotographer: Yes I made that word up. It's like a photographer for screenshots. My computer takes awful screenshots.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011, 02:19 AM by palistov.)
08-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Teamnesia: The Marathon

This sounds great, but I'm too lazy to make anything so, go hit up the legendary custom story makers such as DamnNoHtml... man I sure hope he does something for this.
08-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

Definitely gonna make something for this. Should there be a deadline date to have your maps done? That way you can have time to put it all together and release it.

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
08-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Nah no deadline. Will release when we get 4 or 5 maps together, and from then on just updates which add on extra stories Smile

Also Phoroneus had an idea of making overall goals like gathering thalers and such to unlock new tiers of levels. Sort of like Super Mario haha.

08-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

You know what, i think i might actually take part in this. I saw the other thread about it and wasn't interested at first, but an idea entered into my head which i feel would be better off in something like this.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Glad to have you participating, Your Computer Smile Looking forward to see what you contribute!

08-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

(08-19-2011, 02:56 AM)palistov Wrote: Glad to have you participating, Your Computer Smile Looking forward to see what you contribute!

As do I, I view Your Computer as notorious for his amazing scripting abilities.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011, 07:24 AM by Ghostflame.)
08-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

I actually kinda like the Super Mario esque idea. Tongue

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
08-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

I'm doing the hub map (doesn't have a name, really, so "The Hub" works just fine) and one ordinary one. I'm holding off on doing or naming the ordinary one until the hub is satisfactory, though.

The first floor of the hub has six doors, the second has six doors and a large gate, so we're all set for the first dozen maps. When we want to add more, I can set an unlock condition for the gate and add a second room.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm I'm thinking we should make the hub(s) have unique names. I'll work up some ideas Smile

Vault
Hall
Chamber
Foyer

of

Memories
Imagination
Souls

Some combination of the above. We'll need more words to throw around though :3

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011, 05:07 AM by palistov.)
08-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Find