Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looking For Help? Look No More!
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Looking For Help? Look No More!

I converted 999 frames of a video, which actually got numbered with 4 digits. It cycles, but only for a few frames. Not sure how many exactly, haven't checked, but it seems it's within two digits. Sad Very short, useless... Dang.
08-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Find
TheBaker Offline

Threads: 5

I'm having a problem with a waterlurker and I can't find an answer anywhere. When I'm entering the map the waterlurker is there but if I die or exit and then re-entering the map the waterlurker is gone. What can I do so the waterlurker allways is there?

I am also having the same problem with a "cave in" in the very same map. When a key is picked upped a "cave in" will bloc the way out so you have to find another way around it. This works untill I leave the map and then re-entering it and the "cave in" is gone and everything is back till it was before the key was picked up, so my question is: How do I make the "cave in" remain after I left the map? Huh

Thanks in advance! Smile
09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

I believe monsters don't respawn because in the actual game they thought reoccurring monsters ruined the scare of encountering them. Don't remember how people work around this, exactly.

As for the cave in, make it set a local variable that is checked when the map is loaded, so when you reenter if the cave in was set it will reset it.
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Find
rybray Offline

Threads: 9

Here is my code. The goal is to have the sledge 'break' the glass.

void OnStart ()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("breakglass", "sledge_1", "glassbreak", false, 1);
PreloadParticleSystem("ps_break_glass.ps");
}

void glassbreak(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("mb_window_1", false);
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("", "ps_break_glass.ps", "glass_effects1", false);
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("", "ps_break_glass.ps", "glass_effects1_1", false);
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("", "ps_break_glass.ps", "glass_effects1_2", false);
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("", "ps_break_glass.ps", "glass_effects1_3", false);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "ps_break_glass_large.ps", "glasssound", 0, false);
}

The glassed window disappears but the sound and the particle systems do not work... how can one thing in the function work but not others?
09-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

I believe you need to specify which entity the particle effects and sounds are being created at. Create a script area, and have the particles be created there, and try playing the sound at the player.

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
09-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Find
TheKataKombs Offline

Threads: 7

I want to make snow! Big Grin But i have no idea how to do it Big Grin you might reply in my thread : I want snow Big Grin

thx Smile

[Image: at_4653116.png]
09-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Find
rybray Offline

Threads: 9

(09-04-2011, 12:45 AM)Selyp Wrote: I believe you need to specify which entity the particle effects and sounds are being created at. Create a script area, and have the particles be created there, and try playing the sound at the player.

The particles are being created at script areas, thats what the glass_effects1_1 etc. are.

Tried creating the sound at the player too but I still don't hear anything...
09-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

(09-04-2011, 06:07 PM)rybray Wrote: The particles are being created at script areas, thats what the glass_effects1_1 etc. are.

Tried creating the sound at the player too but I still don't hear anything...

You don't seem to be telling the game the entities to spawn the particle effects and sound at, which would be the empty first field if I'm correct. Put them in there.
09-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

(09-04-2011, 10:50 AM)TheKataKombs Wrote: I want to make snow! Big Grin But i have no idea how to do it Big Grin you might reply in my thread : I want snow Big Grin

thx Smile

Here you can find in the first reply to me (before I updated the title) that he helps me with getting a certain kind of rock with a snow texture on it. Don't forget that when being used in a custom story that the player will first have to modify that file before actually getting it to run.

So it may not be the best idea to try it. Also, don't forget to back up your old files for it so that when you switch back over to the normal texture that it isn't lost.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8763.html

I hope this helps a bit.

09-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Find
TheKataKombs Offline

Threads: 7

(09-05-2011, 12:45 PM)Kyle Wrote:
(09-04-2011, 10:50 AM)TheKataKombs Wrote: I want to make snow! Big Grin But i have no idea how to do it. you might reply in my thread : I want snow Big Grin

thx Smile

Here you can find in the first reply to me (before I updated the title) that he helps me with getting a certain kind of rock with a snow texture on it. Don't forget that when being used in a custom story that the player will first have to modify that file before actually getting it to run.

So it may not be the best idea to try it. Also, don't forget to back up your old files for it so that when you switch back over to the normal texture that it isn't lost.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8763.html

I hope this helps a bit.
I have downloaded the Rock with snow on ( very good model ), But i need a ground texture and snowy trees etc. It might be easy for you to make that, but i have no idea where to start. But thx for your reply Smile

[Image: at_4653116.png]
09-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Find