Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
*SOLVED* Amnesia launcher not running
JWGinator96 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Bug  *SOLVED* Amnesia launcher not running

Hi guys,
I'm having a problem with running Amnesia. I have the bought the full game from Steam a little while back and I have been playing it up until last Friday. The Saturday after I have been experiencing a problem with launching Amnesia. The launcher for adjusting options such as resolutions, textures and stories such as Justine and Dark Descent doesn't load up. Steam says that it is preparing to launch Amnesia but nothing seems to load up I even go to the task manager and nothing appears except Steam.

I have tried launching the game as an administrator and re-installing the game but the problem still persits. I have even looked to see if the open GL is up to date through one of the files in the main Amnesia folder and it says that my open GL is 3.3.0 if I remember correctly.

I don't know what I need to do to get the game to work again, is it a Steam problem or one with game? Would I need to wait for an update for the game? Any help will truly be appreciated Smile

Before I forget I have a 64 bit Windows 7 PC with a Nvidia Geforce 9500 512MB
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM by JWGinator96.)
01-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia launcher not running

It is a steam problem definitely. I remember some threads in steam saying to delete some files etc... Anyway, you could also try a file integrity check at Amnesia.
01-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Find
JWGinator96 Offline

(01-09-2012, 04:44 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: It is a steam problem definitely. I remember some threads in steam saying to delete some files etc... Anyway, you could also try a file integrity check at Amnesia.
Thanks for getting back to me and taking your time to reply. Some of my PC knowledge isn't too great and I don't think that I know what a file integrity check is. Please may you let know how to do one and what one is? If you could please that'll be great. I'll let you know how I get on and if the problem still occurs.

01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Find
Mibedys Offline

Threads: 1

Go to Steam library, right-click Amnesia, select properties, go to local files and select verify integrity of game cache.
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Find
JWGinator96 Offline

(01-09-2012, 08:33 PM)Mibedys Wrote: Go to Steam library, right-click Amnesia, select properties, go to local files and select verify integrity of game cache.
Ok thanks. I managed to do an integrity check and Steam said that I had 4 files missing and that it will recover them. I tried to launch Amnesia and the problem still persists. I decided to do another integrity check which Steam said was successful so I tried to launch the game again and it still hasn't run. I'll try running it again as soon as I can then I'll let you guys know what's happening.

If the game still fails to load would I need to do something else to get it to run?
I've tried loading the game up again and nothing has loaded up I'm trying another check to see if the missing files have been downloaded.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012, 08:36 AM by JWGinator96.)
01-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Find
JWGinator96 Offline

Just to quickly say before I forget I done another file integrity test earlier and it still won't run. Would I need to do another re-install? Or would something be wrong in the notepad files?
01-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

you need to search google for this specific steam error/problem or even the forums. I remember that you have to delete some temporary steam files and stuff like that.

For example: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-USFX-5568
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012, 04:38 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Find
JWGinator96 Offline

(01-10-2012, 04:37 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: you need to search google for this specific steam error/problem or even the forums. I remember that you have to delete some temporary steam files and stuff like that.

For example: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-USFX-5568
Thanks for the link, I'll check if my PC needs updating and I'll read through the rest of the link. If I manage to get it working thanks a bunch for the help Smile

01-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Find
JWGinator96 Offline

Just a quick update, I've tried what the link on Steam suggested so I have tried verifying the games cache, installed the latest updates and graphics drivers and the problem still remains. To be honest I'm getting a tad fed up with the game not working after it was playing perfectly. I've searched around other forums for help and I tried techniques what some people recommended but they didn't work.

There was one who suggested that if you delete the launcher.exe file then copy and rename the amnesia.exe to launcher the game should work. I haven't tried this just in case I'd ruin the files.

Do any of yous think that there might be something wrong with the hpl and launcher text documents? If you would like me to send them in another reply I will.
My apologies for this being long winded but I'd just like to give you as much info as possible.
01-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Try to launch the game from Amnesia.exe directly. What text documents? If you didn't change any files then then they do not need to be replaced.
01-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Find