Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Sort of looks like a human at the end of the table.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(07-16-2012, 04:50 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Sort of looks like a human at the end of the table.
Oh shit, your right. It does look like that.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(07-16-2012, 04:50 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Sort of looks like a human at the end of the table.
Oswald is having a goood time with his friends!
07-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Fantastic, this artworks are AMAZING. Hope it will looks ingame like that!
And how many different locations will the game have? There will be also secret rooms?
I love that in TDD, the various locations, the cellar base, the cells, the study, the Back Hall and transept etc. I missed some secret rooms, but it would be great when AMFP would have.
Somne people say, Silent Hill 2, atal Frame and Siren are scarier than Amnesia, I hope the nxt Amnesia will show what horror really is to that people and shows the MAXIMUM of possible horror.
And when I look at the artworks, I see a big machine, that's a great setting for tricky puzzles like Penumbra Overture has with generators etc. Reading a note with codes and a user manual to find some hints for operating a machine etc. I love that and I hope we will have many sad and terrifying moments with the game! Give other horror fans the rest!!!

Don't make an easy game, we need to see games as a challenge. No casual elements, no hints, no tutorials, no info texts, no symbols and no cutscenes! Only YOU, the lantern and the environment.
Use physics to solve puzzles, think how to get forward.
Eventually make some new dead events, to make dying of the player more terrible.
And I hope the game will be not played in only 4 hours.
07-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-16-2012, 05:14 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Fantastic, this artworks are AMAZING. Hope it will looks ingame like that!
And how many different locations will the game have? There will be also secret rooms?
I love that in TDD, the various locations, the cellar base, the cells, the study, the Back Hall and transept etc. I missed some secret rooms, but it would be great when AMFP would have.
Somne people say, Silent Hill 2, atal Frame and Siren are scarier than Amnesia, I hope the nxt Amnesia will show what horror really is to that people and shows the MAXIMUM of possible horror.
And when I look at the artworks, I see a big machine, that's a great setting for tricky puzzles like Penumbra Overture has with generators etc. Reading a note with codes and a user manual to find some hints for operating a machine etc. I love that and I hope we will have many sad and terrifying moments with the game! Give other horror fans the rest!!!

Don't make an easy game, we need to see games as a challenge. No casual elements, no hints, no tutorials, no info texts, no symbols and no cutscenes! Only YOU, the lantern and the environment.
Use physics to solve puzzles, think how to get forward.
Eventually make some new dead events, to make dying of the player more terrible.
And I hope the game will be not played in only 4 hours.
I've heard this artwork will be used in the game.

[Image: 1309066918561.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 05:22 PM by Traggey.)
07-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

Threads: 0

I think the machine on the second picture is like a kitchen of those creatures which they use to cook (boil) humans or something like that for dinner according to the first picture (because of the old pig-man portrait and the human-like meat on the table). And I think that this is a picture of an insane nightmare.
Intelligent pigs, brrrrr. I already knew that this game would give me nightmares!

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 06:08 PM by Plectrum61.)
07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Yeah, Traggey. We already know you. Please keep decent.
07-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Man those concepts look amazing... and I just realised I didn't get this exited about a new game release since Gothic 2 in 2002 Big Grin And they're taking The Cradle from Thief 3 as inspiration! I mean how awesome is that? Aaaaah! (I'll try and write something that makes more sense later, after I've calmed down a bit.)

Only thing that bothers me a bit - the trailer doesn't really look like the concepts at all so far... but then thats probably just because they don't want to show all the exiting stuff too early ^^
Quote: Intelligent pigs, brrrrr.
...for SOME reason I don't think there will be intelligent pigmonsters eating humans. It seems...too simple. Not psychological enough in terms of horror. But we'll see Smile
07-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(07-16-2012, 06:13 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I just realised I didn't get this exited about a new game release since Gothic 2 in 2002 Big Grin

Gothic 2 (Gothic in general) is one of the best games on earth.
Yes, it's epic, rare epic!
PiranhaBytes ist quasi bei mir um die Ecke ;-)
07-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

In all seriousness though, Ben knows his shit with this. PLEASE tell me you've got enough of concepts and such to toss together and sell an artbook once this is released, game art-books are seriously the best thang ever.
07-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Find