Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Oink Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(06-20-2012, 03:29 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 02:51 PM)Lucas Wrote: Quoted this from the official website, never seen it before. They might have changed it recently.
"A collaborative effort between Frictional Games and thechineseroom. Coming early 2013 (later release date due to overwhelming response, we want to make sure to meet the expectations.)"
Whaaaaat? Was looking forward to a decent horror to play
Ah well - it's only an extra 3 months to wait (approx).
06-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

A little delay is good, it's only 3 months. I don't want unfinished game.
06-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Find
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11

WHY IS IT THE GOOD THINGS THAT ALWAYS GET DELAYED?!

And yes, I know, to be good, the games need time, but SERIOUSLY I WAS LOOKING SO FREAKING FORWARD TO IT
06-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Find
Oink Offline

Threads: 0

Oops.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2012, 05:28 PM by Oink.)
06-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:but because I always assume that there are problems and that the developer/artist hasn't thought things through properly
Jesus Christ.

I'm not going to say "no offense", but this sound rather stupid. Such kind of thinking and planning happens DURING development process and the ame is now in this stage. So what the hell are you talking about? I think you need to enlighten yourself about gamedev a bit more.

Now on the topic: honestly, I don't mind if the game will be delayed, because it will give developers time to make it better, definitely, buuut... early 2013 is already overtaken by some big releases (Dead Space 3 for example) and new Amnesia could just "get lost a bit".

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
06-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

The reason for delaying it is noble, so I'm not annoyed at all. It will give them more time to really make the game something special, and hopefully come up with a better ending this time around.
06-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

The delayed release date was exactly what I've suspected.
Can't believe how a new developer could make a game like Amnesia in only a half year (core development time).
Thanks to move to next year, release it when it's ready, put in all your ideas, do never skip good things!

(06-20-2012, 05:24 PM)Kein Wrote: buuut... early 2013 is already overtaken by some big releases (Dead Space 3 for example) and new Amnesia could just "get lost a bit".

Dead Space 3 doesn't have any influence to Amnesia. It's a totally different genre of a game. And I think, people who love both games will buy both, people who love Amnesia wouldn't be affected by by other games and people who love Dead Space 3, wouldn't buy Amnesia anyway.

Dead Space is fun, Amnesia is horror. So this games couldn't be compared each other.

Ah I think, Mandus has slaughtering the pigs for his own richness. i think, he's a miser, fokused only of his own profit. And one day the pigs will come for revenge.
And Mandus will feel the pains and nightmares what he did to the pigs. He'll wake up and see what many have to feel pains for some other people profits.

I think the pigs who gets slaughtered by Mandus will come back for revenge.
It's a true background of real life, how other people gets pained only for the profit of some rich idiots.

Grip said it's not good when games are too long, because they will lose impact.
He's totally right, but please, I don't want a 2-hours game! I think, what we need is some longer experience, not finished playing in first release day. A 15-hours game will be great. Put in more ideas to make it longer, more puzzles that the player need thinking etc.

And there will also be multilingual support?
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2012, 07:08 PM by Traggey.)
06-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
RE: [Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs] wtf... pigs

(06-20-2012, 12:34 PM)raptorhunter6 Wrote: Hi I'm new here and well new to Amnesia. Well although my Laptop is not able to run Amnesia I could tell pretty damn well that it is a great game. Currently I'm in the process of playing the Penumbra games and let me tell you, they're creepy as fuck! I hope Amnesia A Machine for Pigs works on Intel HD Cards this times as I'm sure it is possible. But after watching the teaser trailer I can't wait to see. Personally human-like pigs creep me out more so than any other thing and I can already imagine how scary it would be in Amnesia. All in all I just wanted to say that the game looks great and can't wait to see the final result! And also I really like that church place with the pig on the cross. Creepy but cool and I like it! Keep up the great work Frictional Games!

Thank you for de-railing the topic Smile

06-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(06-20-2012, 05:50 PM)Googolplex Wrote: The delayed release date was exactly what I've suspected.
Can't believe how a new developer could make a game like Amnesia in only a half year (core development time).
Thanks to move to next year, release it when it's ready, put in all your ideas, do never skip good things!

(06-20-2012, 05:24 PM)Kein Wrote: buuut... early 2013 is already overtaken by some big releases (Dead Space 3 for example) and new Amnesia could just "get lost a bit".

Dead Space 3 doesn't have any influence to Amnesia. It's a totally different genre of a game. And I think, people who love both games will buy both, people who love Amnesia wouldn't be affected by by other games and people who love Dead Space 3, wouldn't buy Amnesia anyway.

Dead Space is fun, Amnesia is horror. So this games couldn't be compared each other.

Ah I think, Mandus has slaughtering the pigs for his own richness. i think, he's a miser, fokused only of his own profit. And one day the pigs will come for revenge.
And Mandus will feel the pains and nightmares what he did to the pigs. He'll wake up and see what many have to feel pains for some other people profits.

I think the pigs who gets slaughtered by Mandus will come back for revenge.
It's a true background of real life, how other people gets pained only for the profit of some rich idiots.

Grip said it's not good when games are too long, because they will lose impact.
He's totally right, but please, I don't want a 2-hours game! I think, what we need is some longer experience, not finished playing in first release day. A 15-hours game will be great. Put in more ideas to make it longer, more puzzles that the player need thinking etc.

And there will also be multilingual support?
[Image: 5c90a676_NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-VERY-...76029.jpeg]
06-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Did they have glued your mouth, or what's the reason for the short words?
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Find