Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Oink Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

I'd say they are more likely to be used (IF they are used) as paintings hanging on walls.
07-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Yeah, seems like for the paintings.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Well it's kinda hard to call it a painting if it's a picture.. but I guess they will be editing it to look like a painting..

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Those are some creepy pictures. They would be pretty good if the insanity system was in AMFP.

(Like that painting of Alexander, just with these anthropomorphic pigs.)

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Why should it be a painting? Photography was already invented in 1899 Wink (And wouldn't it be even scarier if it was a photograph?)
My guess is that it has something to do with the story...I mean we didn't hear much about that yet. Who knows, maybe thats what Oswald sees when looking at a picture of his daughter? o.O Or maybe thats what she really looks like? Yay for wild speculation! ^^
07-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

(07-02-2012, 12:03 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Well it's kinda hard to call it a painting if it's a picture.. but I guess they will be editing it to look like a painting..

They could be used as a reference by the artist for the painting or the artist just can do quick paintover of the picture. Lots of ways to turn it into a portait.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 04:40 PM by Kein.)
07-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Talented people. This looks scary and I really would like to have it ingame.
But did the horror works same good as in TDD? I think, they need more environment changing effects.
(Corpse in the fountain in Back Hall, the Alexander painting, Corpse in the cage in Transept etc...)
07-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Yes, absolutely. And while we're on environment effects, I would also love to see more creative insanity effects in general (if there's going to be any insanity mechanic at all). I mean in TDD the main effect was that your vision went all blurry and wobbly, which I'd associate more with being drunk than insane Wink The bugs on your face were a nice idea I think, I'd like to see more in that direction.

I remember "Eternal Darkness" on the Gamecube having some interesting insanity effects (not counting the ones that shattered the fourth wall, I don't think that would fit a game like Amnesia), like you'd walk into a room and immediately get killed, only to suddenly be back in the room you came from because it was all in your head. Or you'd walk out a door into the same room you came from. Or suddenly your characters HEAD WOULD EXPLODE! Ok, maybe that last one wasn't such a great idea. Wink
07-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(07-01-2012, 10:16 PM)Paddy Wrote: Dan Pinchbeck sent a message to an artist named Lila Wilde via Twitter asking if he could use one of her photos in Amnesia; I wonder if one of these is the photo he had in mind:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...5791596849
That's actually one of the least disturbing images I've seen compared to some of the stuff in Pigs. My mind will never be the same once we've wrapped development.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
07-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(07-03-2012, 11:15 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: That's actually one of the least disturbing images I've seen compared to some of the stuff in Pigs. My mind will never be the same once we've wrapped development.
Is it wrong that I have an erection right now? Angel

Are the more disturbing images you speak of "third-party" works from artists like Lila Wilde, or are they created in-house, or are they actual images of murder and torture from the internet? I remember someone mentioning that Dan was consulting beheading videos as inspiration for terror but I don't know if that was just someone being funny haha. I can recommend a few videos if he needs them Tongue

Cheers Sam!
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Find