Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Machine for Pigs: Offical concept art

Tesla field
http://ben-andrews.deviantart.com/art/Am...-308163270

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(07-15-2012, 04:31 PM)skyhawk02 Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 12:40 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: But if you own a pair of headphones (doesn't matter what spec, any will do!) find a binaural recording online to listen to. Ambiences work well, you can close your eyes and it feels as though you have been transported to the place you're listening to.

http://jaxov.com/2009/09/top-10-binaural...illusions/

I found this website that has several Binaural recordings, I have only done the matchbox rattle so far, but it was actually kind of scary because of how real it sounded, I think it would be cool to play a game that did the audio like this.

Edit: Having listened to them all now, it seems like only the first two relate to what Samuel Justice was talking about, but the rest are still interesting audio illusions.

I just got a chance to listen to these recordings - holydamn. That was really awesome, I don' recall any game with such audio quality recording for headphones. I wish there was.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
RE: AAMFP - custom story compatibility?

Hmm... doesn't sound too promising, no offense. I think I'll wait off on custom stories until the game releases.

I wasn't talking so much about the art assets as I was the code and game engine components. Ie will scripts from ATDD still work with AAMFP, will the level files still work the same or will they not open, etc.
07-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: AAMFP - custom story compatibility?

Yes it all will work the exact same way, with some minor possible changes.

The game still runs on the same engine.
07-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(07-24-2012, 07:16 PM)Kein Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 04:31 PM)skyhawk02 Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 12:40 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: But if you own a pair of headphones (doesn't matter what spec, any will do!) find a binaural recording online to listen to. Ambiences work well, you can close your eyes and it feels as though you have been transported to the place you're listening to.

http://jaxov.com/2009/09/top-10-binaural...illusions/

I found this website that has several Binaural recordings, I have only done the matchbox rattle so far, but it was actually kind of scary because of how real it sounded, I think it would be cool to play a game that did the audio like this.

Edit: Having listened to them all now, it seems like only the first two relate to what Samuel Justice was talking about, but the rest are still interesting audio illusions.

I just got a chance to listen to these recordings - holydamn. That was really awesome, I don' recall any game with such audio quality recording for headphones. I wish there was.
It's nothing to do with file quality, the microphone position mirrors our ear canals so it's as close to reality as you can get through a recording.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
07-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

I never mentioned file quality, though, I was talking about the quality of the recording as more about technique.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

A lot of you guys are talking about custom stories - that's upto FG. But 90% of us Pigs team started off in Mod development so we're trying our best to cram in as much content for you guys as possible. I've been working on a heap of spooky sound fx not only for the game, but also with custom stories in mind.

07-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

@samueljustice00

Do you reckon it is/will be possible to re-create a binaural recording in software using a game's 3D world and mono sounds? It would be pretty amazing if games could sound like that.
07-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

I know that there are some iOS titles that utilize it since people mainly use headphones to have an immersive experience.

I don't think that many console/PC titles will utilize it though, it isn't impossible though.

07-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I don't know if this deserves a new thread yet, but an interview and screenshots for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture have been released. I must say, I'm a lot more interested in this now, I never originally understood the concept (because I'm stupid like that) that this story is about how you spend your last day, not some catastrophic situation. The in-game screenshots look beautiful, I might have to pick this up. Big Grin

http://beefjack.com/features/everybodys-...reenshots/

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
07-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Find