Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(04-14-2013, 11:31 AM)Zgroktar Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 06:42 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 06:40 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 06:12 PM)Dyjamster Wrote: Anyways, I like the longer teasers music. Sounds Zimmer inspired with the D minor sort of epic feel. The first teaser I don't like so much, it has the inception brroooong sound with little else but, as said they are too short to extensively comment on. The quiet music at the end of both trailers seems likely that it may be a repeated idea for the game which could be interesting...

The OST is being mastered which could be a sign the game is close to release! hopefully

What is a D minor sort of epic feel anyway, as far as I know every key sounds the same if you do the right scales. Then again I only have relative pitch hearing and not perfect pitch hearing (which shouldn't make a difference).

EDIT: You're right in any case, although some people insist that there is a difference between the keys. Beethoven for example reserved certain keys for certain moods or ideas, although I doubt he really thought there was a tangible difference between them. It's just a useful way to organize your ideas.

Not only Beethoven, but Mozart and many more included, and considering from what I read about their opinions about the keys, the considered them as a symbols of a certain idea or a feeling. Personally I can feel the difference between the keys, especially the minor ones. C minor, D minor, F-sharp minor, and all the rest actually create a special feeling that it is highly distinguishable from others. Beethoven's work in C minor all have the same feeling, as those few in D or C-sharp minor, and actually from what I've heard all works in C minor sound very similar, Haydn Symphony in C minor, Mozart Piano Concert in C minor, Beethoven Violin Sonata in C minor, Bach's Prelude and Fugue in C minor. Try to compare them.

Yeah but that's just personal preferences. I prefer some keys aswell, but there is nothing objective about it, it's just my personal preference for reasons.
04-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0

The people who said it had been cancelled, and that EA had bought Frictional Games, I hate you ; -;, I almost had an heart attack
04-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

We aim to please. Wink
04-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Find
fancreeper Offline

Threads: 3

(04-14-2013, 08:01 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: The people who said it had been cancelled, and that EA had bought Frictional Games, I hate you ; -;, I almost had an heart attack

but it is true ... here is the proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
04-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

I expected it would be something really idiotic.

PS: you lack originality Dodgy
04-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

You know, I honestly hope that none of our guesses about the game's plot are correct.
If they are, then I hope I will forget them.

04-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Find
Scammel Offline

Well, it's obvious that our pal Mandus has been up to something strange with his 'machine'. I'm sure he won't have just been making orphan sausages for the added depth of flavour.
04-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(04-13-2013, 01:52 PM)wtfomg Wrote: nope. dear esther ost is amazing , while penumbra and amnesia ost was nothing memorable imo.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

Im still very excited about who Mandus's enemy is. Dan was proud and called him 'a real enemy' in a interview a while ago. Perhaps the man who admires his idea from the halloween teaser? If it's true about those tormented 'pigs' haunting the factory, I think there will be a moment that he wants to prevent you from shutting down the machine (If Oswald really is planning to) by releasing all those horrible things in attempt to kill him. I'm so freakin excited, I can't wait!

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
04-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Find
Zaari Offline

nope.

"Marzipan, darling."
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2013, 05:59 AM by Zaari.)
04-15-2013, 05:09 AM
Find