Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Translating game into polish
rogigorPL Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Translating game into polish

Hi. I'm translating this game to polish by myself. But there is a little problem you see...

<Entry Name="NoteFisherman">List milosny do rybaka od jego zony.</Entry>

<Entry Name="fishermanswife">Najdrozszy Ericu, [br][br]Szybko notka zanim wejdziesz na poklad i znowu mnie zostawisz. [br][br]Zostawilam ci maly prezent abys o mnie pamietal. Jest on w szkrzynce przy nogach lozka. Naprawde nie wiem dlaczego macie tylko jedno lozko na pokladzie podczas zmian, poniewaz nie ma mowy aby odpoczac. Ale co zona rybaka moze wiedziec o zyciu na morzu?[br][br]Bede sie modlic codziennie noca za ciebie, aby polow byl udany i zebys mogl wrocic szybko i bezpiecznie. Prosze... Nie znikaj na piec tygodni jak ostatnim razem! Wiem, ze czasem zrzedze, ale wiesz ze cie kocham.[br][br]Umylam twoje kombinezony. Wiem, ze szybko je pokryjesz czesciami ryb, ale czuje sie lepiej wiedzac, ze byly myte.[br][br]Zanim zapomne, Henriksowie w wiosce zapytali mnie czy wrocisz z jakimis pstragami, ale powiedzialam im, ze skonczyl sie sezon na nie. Jesli przypadkiem jakiegos zlapiesz, nic im nie mow. Zapakuj je dobrze w lodzie i przyrzadze z nich cos specjalnego aby uczcic twoj powrot do mnie do domu. Kapitan statku zasluguje na wyjatkowe traktowanie od czasu do czasu![br][br]Dbaj o siebie moj ukochany.</Entry>

When i translated this, and i open this note at the begining of game (This is Fisherman's wife Love Letter) i don't see any text. I can only see the title. What am i doing wrong ? Should i change something ? Or maybe when i'll translate it further it will reapair itself ?

Sory for mistakes Wink
10-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Translating game into polish

When translating text, first download the mod tools from here:
http://mod.frictionalgames.com/doku.php/...d.document
just click the "Download The Tools" link and extract to the game redist directory.

Now you use the Translation tool in hplHelper to translate the lang file. It should be alot simpler.

Also, you will have full support for non-Ascii characters.
10-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Find
rogigorPL Offline

Threads: 2

Omg... This is awesome ! Smile It's really easier to work with this program. But, I have a problem. When I'm trying to open the file I translated already (not whole, but some part) It shows me mistake. I'll try to translate it from polish to english
"It appeared unserve exception in principle application. If you press continue button, application will ignore error and try to continue. If you press close button, application will be immediately closed.
In given coding there is irregular mark. Line 9, position 26. "

Do you know what to do ? Maybe i'll just send you this file polish.lang and you will se what is wrong by yourself ?
I don't want to start translating from the begining if i did some part of it already Wink

The file is here : http://rapidshare.com/files/59703388/polish.lang.html
10-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

The best thing would be if you simply started all over with an unediting English.lang and then copied the things you have already translated into the translation tool of hplhelper.
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Find
AdiJager Offline

Threads: 0

Jak Ci idzie z tłumaczeniem?
Chętnie bym je zobaczył Wink
11-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Website Find
Vrin
Unregistered

Chętnie bym pomógł Smile Daj znać w razie problemów Smile

Pozdrawiam

Cheers !!!
12-07-2007, 09:47 AM
yaji
Unregistered

Jest już jedno gotowe w 100%, nawet napisy na ścianach potłumaczyli ;p

http://files.filefront.com/POEOPLv10exe/...o.html/1/1
12-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Vrin
Unregistered

Czyli jak zwykle się spóźniam Smile

Brawo chłopacy !!! Smile
12-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Gentle Giant Offline

Threads: 1

Thomas Wrote:The best thing would be if you simply started all over with an unediting English.lang and then copied the things you have already translated into the translation tool of hplhelper.

Is it possible to play the game with French subtitle. Iplay the demo in French but when i buy the game it was just i English ?

Thank You
07-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Find