Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
Followed By Death: Chapter Two
MasaMainio Offline

Threads: 2
Thumbs Up  Amazing Story

Okay. I have now finished it.

It was great how the intro was made. The music also fit perfectly for each scene. I'm happy that there were no cheap jump scares and the atmosphere was scary. Voice acting was good as it was in the first one. I always was expecting something to come out of the corner and the story kept me excited all the time. You also made the story well with the original models. Also it was good that there wasn't oil and matches in every shelf I could find, which gave a good challenge to the story.

Gotta say I panicked in most scenes where some enemy was coming. Actually I screamed almost in every part what included an enemy.
Spoiler below!
Especially the part when the grunt was coming at me in the straight tunnel. I thought it would pass me but it didn't happen. Great work with the enemy parts. The jail was probably the scariest place. The part where you had to make a "bridge" with boxes over the slime was good.

I gotta say even though these Followed by Death stories aren't so long, they are still among the best. Great work with this.
05-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Followed By Death: Chapter Two

I just started to play that CS, because I've read a lot of good things about it.
I am so not disappointed so far! Great mapping and atmosphere, the music in the living room is beautiful.

I am experiencing a strange bug though, I have a slightly darker horizontal band on my screen (I don't get that in the original game).

Attached Files
.jpg   fbd bug.JPG (Size: 32.54 KB / Downloads: 139)

My souncloud page : http://soundcloud.com/madkeim
05-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

(05-27-2012, 01:46 AM)madkeim Wrote: I just started to play that CS, because I've read a lot of good things about it.
I am so not disappointed so far! Great mapping and atmosphere, the music in the living room is beautiful.

I am experiencing a strange bug though, I have a slightly darker horizontal band on my screen (I don't get that in the original game).
Sorry it's from the fog effect I used to create the outside view. I tried fixing it but the outside area didn't look as good then, buti luckily t only happens in dark places of the map.

05-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

Hey man, I'm kinda wondering if I'm imagining things or am I seeing my writing in your CS? Does that mean my edited .lang file made it in? Damn, that was so long ago, I didn't think it would even have remained the same.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, haha. Let me know I'm not crazy.

Awesome CS btw, +repped you, voted thread 5 stars, and voted 10 on mod DB and left a nice post.

Cheers.

05-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Find
devin413 Offline

Threads: 7

I just say JMF
makes very nice story's the mapping was so great and the atmosphere puhh nice one.
and a hate to get thrown in the cold water Sad i mean the beginn ^^.
and i get extra fucking scared because my config bugs i could hear a monster when he spawnes or even the food steps.

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

05-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

(05-27-2012, 06:12 AM)SUMMER^ Wrote: Hey man, I'm kinda wondering if I'm imagining things or am I seeing my writing in your CS? Does that mean my edited .lang file made it in? Damn, that was so long ago, I didn't think it would even have remained the same.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, haha. Let me know I'm not crazy.

Awesome CS btw, +repped you, voted thread 5 stars, and voted 10 on mod DB and left a nice post.

Cheers.

Yeah absolutely. I thought your re-edited texts were much better than mine so I had to put them in the mod Big Grin Thanks for bug testing, you found dozens of graphical errors and I'm really thankful for that. It seems I never have to release a patched version of the mod now.

05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Find
WookieMang Offline

Threads: 3

You troll you, got me with that floppy closet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx-90sbzj...p_play_all

Scared me pretty good in some places

Check out my videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/99Daxc
06-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Sorry for a little late review, but i want personally say what i felt with this custom story:

First the intro was nicely done, haven´t seen nothing like that before.
And then i was amazed. The scripting and desing was just so... perfect.
This was really what i was looking for a long time. The same feeling about the orginal Amnesia. Atmosphere was excellent, sounds were well placed, particle systems were well placed, the lighting was marvellous.Even the voice acting was great. This is the story
i would recommend to everyone, this is something which everyone should take learn from.

9.8 Story
Everything is well told and detailed, didn`t get all from it, but still very good.

10 Leveldesing
Well detailed, flawless mapping and i did`t find any glitches or bugs.
Overall:
[Image: 10-masterpiece.png]

PS: Forgive my english, i don`t speak English in my motherlanguage.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 06:48 PM by Red.)
06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

(06-07-2012, 06:13 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: __________________
9.8 Story
Everything is well told and detailed, didn`t get all from it, but still very good.
Thanks for the review! I understand if the story is little confusing. I originally had planned to make a one additional level in the end. There would have been much much more intresting storytelling and a epic ending, where you kill the moster. Unfortenaly, this project had already been in developement for 6 months and I really didn't have any intrests making this anymore, so had to cut it somewhere. Chapter Three will most likely be made for A Machine For Pigs, since I'm really out of this right now.

06-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

Hey Big Grin I put this in my "True Horror" map pack of top 25 mods. Just thought you should know. Oh, and you're awesome.

Have a good day.

06-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Find