Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

WTF with all the ponies?
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: WTF with all the ponies?

(05-27-2012, 06:16 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Obliviator, I'm fine with fans of MLP, But I can't stand people who spam pony pictures and make retarded pony maps. If you like the show, fine, that's none of my business but I won't show any sympathy for pony map makers.
IMO The Mole is much, much better than than My Little Pony.
Trust me, they bother me just as much as they bother anybody else.

05-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Quote:What I've noticed about "bronys" is that every time someone
doesn't agree with them 100% they cry out "haters!". In this case,
everyone in this thread against MLP in Amnesia is correct.

I can live perfectly with the fact that we all like different things, and some people don't like MLP. What I can't stand however is the fact that some people will twist the degree to which we like the show, and generalizing all the fans as ponyfreaks when in fact there are still many who are simply fans who like to watch the show, fanworks, and nothing more extreme beyond that.
(05-27-2012, 06:11 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: For me, the icing on the cake is when Obliviator27 had the audacity to claim ponies are superior in any way to the fans of PDP (in which case I support neither), when they are on the exact same rung of the internet ladder. Classic case of pot calling the kettle black!
Quote:Some men like to attack the bronies for what they watch. "You watch a
show for little girls, you're not a man, you're gay", etc etc. That's
fine. For every fanbase, there's an anti-fanbase. Much like Pewdiepie.
Personally, I don't enjoy watching his videos. Some people do. That's
all fine and dandy. Yet, the Pewdifags (as I will now call them) came
running (trying to count to potato, perhaps) onto the forums and flooded
it with their crap. A bad representation of his fans, and it kind of
changed everyone's perspective on the fanbase.
I think this is the post you were referring to. In Obliviator's defense, I think he used Pewdie fanbase as an example comparison to the MLP one. I don't think he stated that either fanbase was superior.
05-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(05-27-2012, 06:17 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 06:16 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Obliviator, I'm fine with fans of MLP, But I can't stand people who spam pony pictures and make retarded pony maps. If you like the show, fine, that's none of my business but I won't show any sympathy for pony map makers.
IMO The Mole is much, much better than than My Little Pony.
Trust me, they bother me just as much as they bother anybody else.
Great to hear! +1 reputation.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
05-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Find
SquigPie Offline

Threads: 0

(05-27-2012, 06:06 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 05:47 PM)SquigPie Wrote: Obliviator, you're the kind of guy who bursts into a room and tells everyone to stop using the general definition of a word and use your own instead, ponyfag is just the 4chan word for a brony, and in popular opinion, brony= Fanatic horsehumper. Then there's the fans, who're normal people and don't need a stupid word like "brony" to sit around a circle and jerk over.
Wall of text, random, utterly pointless reaction image
When you start doing that in order to defend something as petty as a word, that's when you're the obsessive kind of fan that people hate.
05-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-27-2012, 07:13 PM)SquigPie Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 06:06 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 05:47 PM)SquigPie Wrote: Obliviator, you're the kind of guy who bursts into a room and tells everyone to stop using the general definition of a word and use your own instead, ponyfag is just the 4chan word for a brony, and in popular opinion, brony= Fanatic horsehumper. Then there's the fans, who're normal people and don't need a stupid word like "brony" to sit around a circle and jerk over.
Wall of text, random, utterly pointless reaction image
When you start doing that in order to defend something as petty as a word, that's when you're the obsessive kind of fan that people hate.
...What? He's not trying to defended the word, he's trying to keep people like you from grouping all them into one big group of "horse thumping fags". That's like saying when black people don't like people using the n word it just makes people hate them more because they're getting all worked up over a little word. There is most definitely a difference between the two, and it's fair for people to not want you to pu them in one big group.

Now, personally I don't watch the show, I watched one episode just cause I'd heard people going crazy over it all over the Internet and disn't really like it to much, and to be honest I don't really plan on watching it again. With that said, if you're into ponies and you're a guy, whatever, sure it's a little weird but nothing to freak out over. The way I see it, it's fine if you're into it, but it's when you start spreading it like crazy all over the Internet and talk about how much you love ponies to people who really couldn't give two shits it gets annoying. It's like pewd fans like Obliviator said, some I've met are cool, a lot of others are drooling fanboys that obsess over him 24/7 and feel the need to post their shit on this forum.

Posting Freak
05-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Website Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

IMO:
1) There is nothing wrong with liking MLP.
2) There is nothing wrong with liking PewDiePie. (Why is he even brought into this?)
There IS, however, something extremely wrong with having the nerve to insult someone based on what they like. Yes, opinions are fine, but bashing eachother and calling fans 'fags' only makes you look like more of an asshole. If you don't like MLP, don't watch it. Ignore the maps. If you don't like Pewdiepie, who cares? My siblings and I watch PDP all the time and we are all fans. Do I have a right to post maps for PDP because I'm a fan? Sure. Do I choose to? No. Same goes with MLP. Humans have rights to do whatever they want, but in some cases there are consequences. There ARE 18 year olds with MLP shirts that I have witnessed in my school. Do I tell my friends to beat him up? No. Do I mock him and make fun of him? No. If you don't like it, too bad. You can't wave your magic wand and make it disappear, let alone complaining about it all. the. fucking. time does nothing either. If you don't have anything nice to say, then write it down in your diary and keep quiet about it.
It's not the MLP or PDP fans that need to grow up, it's the people that have the nerve to insult them that need to grow up.
Thank you, have a great day! :]

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
05-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(05-27-2012, 09:28 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: IMO:
2) There is nothing wrong with liking PewDiePie. (Why is he even brought into this?)
There IS, however, something extremely wrong with having the nerve to insult someone based on what they like. Yes, opinions are fine, but bashing eachother and calling fans 'fags' only makes you look like more of an asshole. If you don't like MLP, don't watch it. Ignore the maps. If you don't like Pewdiepie, who cares? My siblings and I watch PDP all the time and we are all fans. Do I have a right to post maps for PDP because I'm a fan? Sure. Do I choose to? No. Same goes with MLP. Humans have rights to do whatever they want, but in some cases there are consequences. There ARE 18 year olds with MLP shirts that I have witnessed in my school. Do I tell my friends to beat him up? No. Do I mock him and make fun of him? No. If you don't like it, too bad. You can't wave your magic wand and make it disappear, let alone complaining about it all. the. fucking. time does nothing either. If you don't have anything nice to say, then write it down in your diary and keep quiet about it.
It's not the MLP or PDP fans that need to grow up, it's the people that have the nerve to insult them that need to grow up.
So if I dress myself in toilet paper (in a decent way, so I'm not showing private parts), superglue 100 cuetips on the top of my head, and on each of those cutetips, I put small blinking diodes in all the colors of the rainbow, and I carry around a stuffed pony head that I use as a sock puppet, then you'd be fine with that. I'd sit next to you in school and smile and be happy and poke the pony head in the eye while moaning softly, and all of this would be fine by you, because that's just what I like to do, and who are you to judge?

Sometimes, I'll wear a bright orange shirt that pulsates and maybe hums a little, with the text "I thought about YOU last night, but I'm satisfied now." and a smile never leaves my face, because I'm happy doing this.

Problem?
What's the problem? According to your own logic, if you hate me or become annoyed by me, then that's your own problem. Then you're a hater, while I'm fucking sane.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 10:49 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
05-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(05-27-2012, 10:48 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 09:28 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote:
So if I dress myself in toilet paper (in a decent way, so I'm not showing private parts), superglue 100 cue tips on the top of my head, and on each of those cutetips, I put small blinking diodes in all the colors of the rainbow, and I carry around a stuffed pony head that I use as a sock puppet, then you'd be fine with that. I'd sit next to you in school and smile and be happy and poke the pony head in the eye while moaning softly, and all of this would be fine by you, because that's just what I like to do, and who are you to judge?

Sometimes, I'll wear a bright orange shirt that pulsates and maybe hums a little, with the text "I thought about YOU last night, but I'm satisfied now." and a smile never leaves my face, because I'm happy doing this.

Problem?
What's the problem? According to your own logic, if you hate me or become annoyed by me, then that's your own problem. Then you're a hater, while I'm fucking sane.
I will pay you as much money as it takes to see this happen.

I rate it 3 memes.
05-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(05-27-2012, 06:17 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Trust me, they bother me just as much as they bother anybody else.
This. I mean, yeah I like the show, but when they start converting it into absolutely everything else in the community, then it starts going to far.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

(05-27-2012, 10:48 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 09:28 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: IMO:
So if I dress myself in toilet paper (in a decent way, so I'm not showing private parts), superglue 100 cuetips on the top of my head, and on each of those cutetips, I put small blinking diodes in all the colors of the rainbow, and I carry around a stuffed pony head that I use as a sock puppet, then you'd be fine with that. I'd sit next to you in school and smile and be happy and poke the pony head in the eye while moaning softly, and all of this would be fine by you, because that's just what I like to do, and who are you to judge?

Problem?
There's probably a 99.9% chance something like that will never happen, so your argument is slightly invalid. Your logic says that if I start to worship bunny rabbits, and you don't like bunny rabbits, you'll freak out about it. I'm saying not everything can go your way, and there's really nothing any of us can do about it, besides the mods banning it.
There is no problem. I would never hate you, because to hate is over-rated, therefore I hate no one. Can't be a hater if I don't hate anyone.
What I'm trying to point out is that we have rights. I agree that the MLP stuff gets a little out of hand at times, and could be fixed by redirecting them to a fanpage dedicated to ponies or something.
I can honestly say that, yes, I hate MLP. But I don't hate the people that like it, therefore I don't post threads complaining about it..
I wouldn't have replied at all to this thread but I wanted to say that you can't have everything you want, and eventually you gotta get the fuck over it. I'm sure there's some weird thing that you like, would you like it if people threw rocks at you for it? Or called you a fag? I'm sure to that you'll reply something like, "I can defend myself" but remember you have a heart and we're all human. With that I've come to the conclusion you're very tensed up all the time. You hate it when you're wrong, and love to be the leader and act like the toughest one.
For the record, I'm surprised seeing you on the forum all the time, since you said you should be modelling instead. I'm sure you can create some pretty nice models with your dedication.. why don't you show us all what you can do? I'm interested, because I've never seen one of your models, or a custom story using all of your professional scripting knowledge. Enlighten me, sir.
I don't want to start a flame war with you. (mostly because I am a female and not much of a fighter)
Truce? I hereby surrender.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
05-28-2012, 01:59 AM
Find