Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Texturer needed for custom entities
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10
Texturer needed for custom entities

Ok, so i've been working on some custom entities for my 2nd custom story (hopefully to be released at some point after AMFP). I've currently got two custom entities which have a nice model, have physics working more or less as they should and work well as parts of the story. The only problem is they look hideous because I have no idea how to texture properly.
Long story short, I need someone who can do decent textures for simple entities. The items in question are a 19th century style lamp post and a big emerald type crystal. If anyone is up to the challenge, either because they enjoy texturing or because they want their names plastered with thanks in my credits, please drop me a PM. Cheers Smile

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
09-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Texturer needed for custom entities

Would you post some screenshots of any work that you made?

Otherwise others will believe you are trolling. It happened once.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I'll do the emerald. Sounds okay (fun and easy enough). I'm guessing "texturing" includes UV mapping as well..?

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

09-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(09-12-2012, 12:33 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Would you post some screenshots of any work that you made?

Otherwise others will believe you are trolling. It happened once.
I can do one better and ask you to search for 'A dark night in london' in the development section Smile That's the one these entities are for, there are actually pictures of the entities (with crappy textures still) on there I think. I've also done a (now finished) CS/FC called 'A Morbid New Year'. Hopefully that's enough to convince you that i'm not a troll Tongue

(09-12-2012, 01:34 PM)Acies Wrote: I'll do the emerald. Sounds okay (fun and easy enough). I'm guessing "texturing" includes UV mapping as well..?
Well, naturally texturing would have to include UV mapping (or equivelant) to make sure that the texture actually looks good on it Smile What program have you previously done your texturing work on? I used Maya to make both the entities but I can export it as a few different file types, any preference?

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 05:12 PM by R. Peters.)
09-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Hm... don't take this the wrong way please, but if you aim to be a 3D artist then you should really learn how to make uv layouts and textures as well. Its just an absolutely essential part of the job you know? It's not that hard either, just grab yourself a tutorial video or two and I'm sure it will take you only an evening or so to learn it. Smile
(Of course, if 3D art isn't your focus at all, but just something you do on the side, please just ignore my rambling ^^)
09-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Maya + Photshop Smile

You can pm me links once ready. File format; maya scene (.ma/.mb), fbx or obj.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

09-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

It isn't hard. It just takes a bit of time. And finding the appropiate texture. Sometimes I even enjoy it! You can try it.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(09-12-2012, 09:40 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Hm... don't take this the wrong way please, but if you aim to be a 3D artist then you should really learn how to make uv layouts and textures as well. Its just an absolutely essential part of the job you know? It's not that hard either, just grab yourself a tutorial video or two and I'm sure it will take you only an evening or so to learn it. Smile
(Of course, if 3D art isn't your focus at all, but just something you do on the side, please just ignore my rambling ^^)
I would love to be able to make textures properly, but my main focus is actually mapping/scripting and general story-writing. I learned to use Maya to make these models because getting people to do it for free is (not that I blame them) next to impossible XD Hopefully one day I will be able to do it all, in which case I will probably look for a tutorial video as you recommended Smile Good advice, i just don't have the time to do everything XD

(09-13-2012, 01:57 AM)Acies Wrote: Maya + Photshop Smile

You can pm me links once ready. File format; maya scene (.ma/.mb), fbx or obj.
That's perfect as those are exactly what I used too. I'll check the file sizes soon and see if I can send them to you in email/PM or something as I don't want to put them out publically until after my CS is released Smile Cheers, will get back to you today.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2012, 11:05 AM by R. Peters.)
09-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Find