Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ffs
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: ffs

Just ask him to say "Make any more maps for me and you're blocked!" and his fans will stop (hopefully).

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 09:29 PM by Zaffre.)
09-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-16-2012, 09:28 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Since my you mad post was removed, here is a longer version.

You stop posting, you start only criticizing, flaming, and raging other users in the end and yet you call this forum immature etc, when all you did was aid it's descent into immaturity and really, you're criticizing it? Maybe, next time, you could try and help the forum get out of this imaginary kindergarten.

tl;dr?

"Maybe, next time, you could try and help the forum get out of this imaginary kindergarten."
Then posts longer version of "You madddd", Robosprog, he is a gem.
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

(09-16-2012, 09:18 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
Quote:You, kids, retarded fucks or whatever you are have been LITERALLY making a joke of AMNESIA and the surrounding community, INCLUDING people WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK.

I feel like it's gotten this way because of LP'ers encouraging their watchers to make mods (I won't drop any names), and how simple the HPL2 editors/angelscript make it to create mods. It's a lot easier when compared to any other high-quality engines (at least that I've attempted to use), making this an ideal engine to take your first steps into the modding world.

Every mod with walls that aren't clipping is considered a masterpiece and breaks top 10 on ModDB now (make that top 5 if it's filled with jumpscares); it seems all the worth while modders have made their contribution and have left (although there is a particular group that seems to be making some ground-breaking epicness though; you know who you are!)

Just wait until AMFP. The modding spirit will be brought back the community and people will make quality custom stories. The childish members will be flushed out and if there's time, we'll even cure cancer...hopefully.

tl;dr - I blame the democrats.
I sure hope it will make things as interesting as they once were.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
09-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-17-2012, 12:39 AM)nemesis567 Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 09:18 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I sure hope it will make things as interesting as they once were.
I can't imagine what it was like, as I had only stole a glimpse of what once was, at the ending of the "First Great War", soon we shall have momentary peace, before forcefully thrown back onto the bloody maw of stupidity.
09-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

There was a large timeframe in this community where lots of kiddos were flooding in and making bad maps, but I'm pretty sure PewDie has taken action to it. For one, he had made his own website, where he tells his fans to post about their fan-made custom stories. I have noticed a substantial drop in the releases of lazily made custom stories, honestly. A wound takes time to heal, be patient. And while you WILL notice the annoying members, this community is chock-full of mature ones who I remember not only by name and avatar, but I have noticed their input in the community and their personalities as well.

It's not that bad. While some things may be irritating, not only do I feel bringing this up again is painful, but it's more than beating a dead horse. There are plenty of adults here and if you disagree, you do not have to come here. Otherwise, it'd be nice to keep it to yourself. If you want the forum to get better, having posted this thread is not going to help this "wound".
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012, 02:03 AM by Statyk.)
09-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-16-2012, 09:18 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Just wait until AMFP. The modding spirit will be brought back the community and people will make quality custom stories. The childish members will be flushed out and if there's time, we'll even cure cancer...hopefully.
I'm a bit pessimistic in that regard actually. In my experience, when a creator releases a squeal to a already very popular form of media, the forum for said media will spend at least a month of time processing a swarm of fanboys who just join, because "So awsum!!", who are often immature. After we filter out the people who don't really have any true will to stay however, I'd say we can get quite a few decent new members.

Zaffre Wrote:Just ask him to say "Make any more maps for me and you're blocked!" and his fans will stop (hopefully).

I'm not sure to what extent you are joking Zaffre, but if anyone does that in a non-subtle manner, they'll seem like a huge jerk.

Quote:And while you WILL notice the annoying members, this community is chock-full of mature ones who I remember not only by name and avatar, but I have noticed their input in the community and their personalities as well.

Exactly. There are many members here who I believe have put their heart into helping out this community, and it would be unwise to overlook their input, and constantly be bothered by the annoying members.

Now time for me to cheesily quote Lord of the Rings:
"There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for!"

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012, 03:08 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-17-2012, 03:06 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(09-17-2012, 12:49 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(09-17-2012, 12:39 AM)nemesis567 Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 09:18 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I sure hope it will make things as interesting as they once were.

I can't imagine what it was like, as I had only stole a glimpse of what once was, at the ending of the "First Great War", soon we shall have momentary peace, before forcefully thrown back onto the bloody maw of stupidity.
Actually, by that logic, we've got a massive depression of mapmaking to go through as well.

[Image: p229xcq]
09-17-2012, 03:54 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Am I the only one smelling smoke when I come here??

Looks like there's a lot of damage here. Fire-damage, TBH.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

Kreekakon Wrote:I'm not sure to what extent you are joking Zaffre, but if anyone does that in a non-subtle manner, they'll seem like a huge jerk.
It was, in fact, a joke. I think a more logical approach would be either 1. For PewDiePie to play the maps made for him off-camera and commentate the good ones. I know he once posted that he enjoys those off-camera, but I don't think it's a good excuse for someone to glorify the maps with very little effort put into and leave alone the stories that are amazing. Or 2. For PewDiePie not to use his self-made memes and instead just play the game seriously. Everything's just a huge joke now. Watch one of his new videos and compare it to his original Amnesia let's play; you'll see the difference.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012, 12:23 PM by Zaffre.)
09-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-17-2012, 12:22 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Watch one of his new videos and compare it to his original Amnesia let's play; you'll see the difference.
True, true.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Website Find