Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you believe in UFO's?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
6 37.50%
No
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you guys think of UFO's?
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: What do you guys think of UFO's?

I'm tellin' ya man! Dem Aliens be watchin' us wit' clipboards!
10-31-2012, 05:55 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

LOL WHAT? OF COURSE NOT!
There is no possible way. I am not saying aliens don't exist. What am I saying is that it's almost impossible to ever meet them. Considering that it is proved there is not any habitable planet in our solar system and that the nearest star is approximately 4,3 ly away which is 4,06802721 × 10^13 kilometers then, excuse me, but NO!

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 01:53 PM by BAndrew.)
10-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

In my opinion, the way I know for certain that there are other sentient beings is because they haven't contacted us.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: In my opinion, the way I know for certain that there are other sentient beings is because they haven't contacted us.
Right? We are either too horribly messed up or too boring to waste the resources to travel lightyears away to study. Regardless of how advanced they get, they will always have to allocate resources to an endeavor. We simply aren't worth it.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-31-2012, 01:28 PM)BAndrew Wrote: LOL WHAT? OF COURSE NOT!
There is no possible way. I am not saying aliens don't exist. What am I saying is that it's almost impossible to ever meet them. Considering that it is proved there is not any habitable planet in our solar system and that the nearest star is approximately 4,3 ly away which is 4,06802721 × 10^13 kilometers then, excuse me, but NO!
If sentient alien life forms were observing the Earth from such a distance away, they wouldn't see us humans in our current time - they'd be looking at the Earth in the past. How long ago solely depends on how far away they are :o

I find it somewhat amusing to think aliens could be looking at our planets, see dinosaurs, and say "pfft, evolutionary newfags".

I rate it 3 memes.
10-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I don't really believe in UFO's. What I really believe is that aliens exist: the universe is a giant extension that no one can never explore it completely. And, as it has been told, it's infinite, the number of specimens is infinite too.
UFO's are just people that want attention. Aliens don't come in flying dishes 0_0

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(10-31-2012, 03:06 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: If sentient alien life forms were observing the Earth from such a distance away, they wouldn't see us humans in our current time - they'd be looking at the Earth in the past. How long ago solely depends on how far away they are :o

I find it somewhat amusing to think aliens could be looking at our planets, see dinosaurs, and say "pfft, evolutionary newfags".
Evidently.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

10-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Find
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4

I never understand why people on either side think they are qualified to categorically state they know there are aliens, or that there are none.

None of you have any idea, and neither do I.

Anything paranormal is often full of people who are way too credulous - that is true, however one the other side you have the naive realist camp, who deny the exist of anything not fitting into their exceptionally narrow field of experience.

Nonsense on both counts, you are better off simply saying "I don't know", because you don't.
10-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-31-2012, 06:59 PM)Robosprog Wrote: If you are an atheist, then imo, you shouldn't believe in aliens visting earth either. Both have no evidence to support it, so why believe in it? I can respect some do, but the vast majority of cases are hallucinations etc.

Statyk's is the most convincing, but could be down to need of sleep, drunk/other factors (you do lsd bro?) and the simple placebo effect on other tired and affected minds. YC could have simply hallucinated or otherwise.
It could be real, but with no evidence other than witness statements (The same evidence that exists for god) why would you believe in it?
I have quite the clear head. =] I'm a generally normal human being, but my mind wanders. Happened a lot during school mostly.

And the reason I believe in it is the same people do for gods, so I think it's fair. Yeah, maybe there isn't much, if any, honest evidence supporting my claims, but to me, it seems technically logical to think about. We'll never know until something solid happens I suppose. But for now, I think I'd like to keep that a mystery to save from something bad happening.
10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-31-2012, 07:25 PM)bloogleford Wrote: I never understand why people on either side think they are qualified to categorically state they know there are aliens, or that there are none.

None of you have any idea, and neither do I.

Anything paranormal is often full of people who are way too credulous - that is true, however one the other side you have the naive realist camp, who deny the exist of anything not fitting into their exceptionally narrow field of experience.

Nonsense on both counts, you are better off simply saying "I don't know", because you don't.
Of course none of us know for sure, but we can make some decent guesses based on science/evidence we already have. I know Statyk is a sane, rather intelligent human being and he saw what he saw, but I'm almost entirely certain it can be rationalized as something other than spaceman.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Find