Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would this be illegal?
X4anco Offline

Threads: 66
Would this be illegal?

Hello peoples.
I have a Youtube channel (Xanco123) which focuses on games development. Due to my large support for my Amnesia series I was going to make a guide to help people. They'd have to buy it, only £2/£3 and all the money would go into the channel. Kinda like donating and in return getting something. Would this be illegal? Do you know how I could do this (website etc...)?

11-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Would this be illegal?

By what I know, it wouldn't be illegal, but I don't think people buys a guide of how-to make amnesia things, because there are a lot of channels more that do the same for free.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

It would have to be very in-deph and show some pretty neat stuff.
You would also have to at least make one or two episodes/chapter/whatever of the guide available for free if you want to convince people its worth their time.
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

If you do that, you're most likely just going to drive away your fans, since there are already some great and very in depth guides out there for Amnesia that are completely free. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but it's the truth.

Posting Freak
11-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Hm...not sure if it would be legal. If it includes material from the game (screenshots or the like) that could be kind of a grey area. Reviews, Let's Plays or the like are "fair use", but a guide book might be taking things too far, since you're indirectly selling material that belongs to Frictional Games. I'm by no means an expert on the subject though, so I could be completely wrong there...

In any case, I doubt people will pay money for it. There is just too much free guide/ wiki material available and quite frankly, Amnesia is not really the kind of game you'd need a guide for in the first place. I mean, its practically impossible to fail at it, since nothing can really kill you and the puzzles are pretty easy too. Overcoming your fear is the only difficult thing about Amnesia and no guide can help you with that Wink
11-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Find