Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Amnesia Model
Pshyched Offline

Threads: 21
Basic Amnesia Model

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Basic Silhouette of a Man, basically a Dark shadow of a Man, with a Few basic Animations, Such as a basic Stand and Walk animation.

I don't need facial expressions, or anything like that. Just a complete dark shadow of a man.

If anyone knows of one, or could create one. I would be very appreciated!

Thanks!
11-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Basic Amnesia Model

Thats not a basic amnesia model, A basic amnesia model would be a low poly(simple) static object.
But you are asking for a character entity , which only few people on the forum are capable of making.
On top of of that you are asking for animations which even fewer people are capable of due to the fact that animation only works with autodesk maya as well as animation being a hard thing to do in general.
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

A simple way for you to achieve this is to re-skin one of the existing statues in the game. You can find out more on how to do this in the Development Articles section.

EDIT: Here ya go: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-17299.html

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012, 04:55 PM by Kreekakon.)
11-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Only works with Maya? Doesn't Blender work to, but theirs just more steps involved in getting it to work?
11-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Or you can do what i did.

To make an even more realistic shadow, take the deformed_man, edit him in the model editor (So he can be set active, and inactive), and put a spotlight behind him. The shadow looks very much like a normal human shadow..

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012, 06:25 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
11-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

blender works in modelling and texturing and all that. But animating stuff I have never heard of anyone getting it to work. You might have mistaken it with the tutorial for importing amnesia animations into blender, and not opposite.
11-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

I'd suggest not asking for custom animations + new model unless you're willing to commission someone.

Maya is basically the only one that will work naturally with Amnesia (I know, because I've been doing it...). You could, when Traggey finishes adding sounds to it, use the model he made and I animated for your character. It's supplied with textures already and custom animations, which I just finished about 30 minutes ago.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15137.html

Have fun. It'll be posted (hopefully) within the next couple days. If I get the go from Traggey, I'll post it tomorrow, no sounds added.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
11-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Find