Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Nightmare thread
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
Nightmare thread

I want you guys to share your worst dreams you've ever had. Did they repeat ? how did they occur ? About what do you often have nightmares ? and how often do you have nightmares ?

ITS A SERIOUS THREAD, try to keep calm. If you're bursting with that lulzy energy, unleash it upon the random thread please Big Grin

Me:

This might sound funny but i'm usually being chased by someone/something in my nightmare. Usually it's a bear.

It's funny because its always the same dream, i wake up, look through my window and see a bear running towards my house, i lock the door but it breaks through so i hide. After some sniffing around he finally finds me, growls in my face and the dream ends. It's always the same.

that's the most frequent one i have.

The one that sent me shaking the most was after i watched an exorcist movie called "The rite" My dream was exactly the same as this scene, which was from that movie (obviously the reason for me having the nightmare)

I walked outside of my house in the middle of night, looked around and suddenly there's this horse with red eyes staring at me and making weird noises.

the reason why that spooked me out so much, is because according to that movie, seeing a mule with red eyes is the first sign of possesion. And i had this dream repeating for like 3 days in a row.

I have nightmares very often, almost every time i have a dream it suddenly twists into a nightmare. Damn my imagination, damn the movies i watch and damn the games i play xD

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
01-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
RE: Nightmare thread

I had this one nightmare weeks ago about this character:

[Image: the_thing_from_my_nightmare_by_macgyvert...5qit0h.jpg]

It was scary as fuck.

Also last night (Jan 20, 2013) I woke up from a nightmare about SCP-106 killing me instantly when he touched me.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM by Macgyverthehero.)
01-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Ok, so i've had a nightmare when i was something around 6.
I still remember it, because it apparently made me very scared.

I was at my grandmas house. The front door was open, and when i looked outside it i see that it's on a blue planet.
(Same blue planet as in Lego Racers, if anybody remembers that)

A mech starts to hunt me, walks inside he front door, even though he's too big.
I run, scared, into a room, to find a hiding place. The only place i find is behind a door,
so i hide behind the door, facing the wall with my face in my hands.

I hear the mech behind me. I'm really scared.
And then it starts to eat from my back.
It doesn't hurt, it's a very strange feeling.
I get goosebumps and it shivers down my spine.

And THEN i wake up. First after it begins eating me.

Trying is the first step to success.
01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I had once a really scary dream:

I was in a Unity-3D-ish environment. Everything was the same: It was like a closed labyrinth. Then, I hear a scream and I see the creature (human torso, black, ghostly) with red eyes. The legs are tentacles. It begins to chase me, and I'm a good time running away, but he always catches me. When he makes the movement of biting me, I wake up. Really weird.

I almost never have nightmares, though. I'm pretty brave in that aspect. I read once this:

"You don't fear darkness. You fear what can be inside".

And I think it's really applicable.
Ugh, I'm going off-topic.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

I often have nightmares where I'm being chased too, but those are the "good" ones. They're almost fun in a weird way. I'm very sure it's because I'm so used to playing games - my brain must have somehow made the connection that being killed by a monster is nothing to really fear. So when the monsters and zombie hordes come for me in my dreams, all I feel is an exiting rush of adrenaline as I run away. I also don't necessarily wake up when they get me, in fact I often experience getting eaten alive. Not painful, mind you, just a very weird feeling... o.O

My really bad nightmares are more abstract in nature. I very often dream about getting lost in some huge grey city, searching for a loved one. I know I'm supposed to meet said person somewhere, but I just can't find the place, panicking more and more...and when I finally arrive, I look at the clock and realize I'm hours late, she is already gone and I will never find her or the way home. God, I hate those dreams...
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2013, 10:59 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
01-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Haven't dreamt anything in a while and I haven't had a nightmare for quite some time. Usually my dreams are hopelessly personal, filled with obscure desires and quirky neuroses, so posting them would be beyond pointless. It would take a more eloquent person than myself to accurately relate them.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2013, 11:14 PM by Bridge.)
01-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I had this really weird dream when I was a kid, that was pretty recurring, because I dreamt it lots of times.

It started that I was going into some weird mountain made of bright blue ice, it doesn't sound so weird but I had this really strange anxious feeling throughout the dream that made things tense and scary. And as I progressed into the mountain caves, things went darker and I finally came into a large hall, that was unnaturally lit, it felt very omnious.

Then this weird large man emerged and just stared at me, and I suddenly felt into a large gap in the floor, and that fucking fall went on forever until I finally woke up, all shaky and sweaty. I haven't dreamt that dream since I was like 6-7. But I remember the feeling and colours extremely clear, it's kinda creepy how well I remember it, even after 15 years,

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(01-21-2013, 11:14 PM)Bridge Wrote: Haven't dreamt anything in a while and I haven't had a nightmare for quite some time. Usually my dreams are hopelessly personal, filled with obscure desires and quirky neuroses, so posting them would be beyond pointless. It would take a more eloquent person than myself to accurately relate them.

[Image: p229xcq]
01-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I don't dream. If I do, I never remember it.
Oh darn.

01-22-2013, 03:28 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I only have one really memorable nightmare, and it's pretty fucked up actually now that I think about it.

I was standing in some house that I vaguely recognized but didn't exactly know, and it was super late into the night and all the lights were out. I was standing in the living room of the house and the one entrance into the room was a very large doorway that made it so you could see all of the room next to it, and standing right in the middle of the other room was this guy. I couldn't really make out any details since it was pitch black, it just looked like a black silhouette, but it was obvious he was staring right at me.

For some reason I was just frozen there and couldn't move, and I dunno how to really describe it but just being frozen there with him watching me was the worst feeling I've ever felt. It was like he could tell how uncomfortable it was making me and that's exactly why he was doing it. I was just stuck there for what felt like 3 or 4 hours, and then for some reason when the sun finally came up I was outside the house looking into the living room through a window, and right then the guy finally moved after all that time and walked right up to the window and just started staring at me again. But that was the worst part, because then I could finally make out what he looked like. He was a very thin but tall guy in a torn up brown suit (no not fucking slenderman you tool). It looked like he was probably a burn victim, since his skin was peeling off and a sickly shade of yellowish brown (think the shade of an old banana peel). His eyelids and lips looked as if they had either been peeled off or burned off, either way he didn't have either of them, and he was just smiling and staring at me. He lifted his hands to the window and just started banging on it and laughing, and then thankfully I woke up.

I seriously don't know how to describe this better, but it was legitimately the most scared I have ever been in my life. Like I was scared to go to sleep for the next two or three weeks because I thought it would happen again (thankfully it didn't). But I still remember the whole thing in perfect detail to this day just because of how terrifying it was. I think the weirdest part about it was that figure had sort of been my boogyman in a way when I was growing up. I didn't see something like that in a movie or a game or a book, it kind of just appeared in my mind, and all throughout my childhood whenever I would think of what something scary would look like, that guy would be the first thing to come to mind. I hadn't really ever thought about it either until that dream happened, but as soon as I saw the guys face I recognized him immediately and knew almost every detail about him, and after I woke up when I thought about it whenever I would write a scary story or think of something scary, some character that vaguely fit that description would be the first thing to come to mind (I even wrote a really shitty horror story about a character that was basically that exact guy in 5th grade).

So there's my story. Most of you will probs think this is bullshit but meh, I know what happened and I just felt like sharing. This legitimately fucked with me for a long long time though.

Posting Freak
01-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Website Find