Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Requiem: Graphic glitches then crashes.
gunnargateprest Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra Requiem: Graphic glitches then crashes.

Hi Frictional Games,

Let's get the obvious out of the way first, you make amazing games and I'm a huge fan.

I've played all your games EXCEPT this one because it crashes on me everytime.

Bear with me, but I am not that PC savvy, so my explanation of the problem might lack some obvious information I should have given. But I will try my best. I bought a beast of a rig this christmas for myself (dere er jo svenske så dere kan lese specsa på http://www.komplett.no/k/ci.aspx?sku=10615).

This machine has runned every game flawlessly so far, including Penumbra Overture and Black Plague and Amnesia the Dark Decent.

The trouble I am having is that I start a game on Requiem and I watch the intro sequence and everything is fine. And when I assume control the screen flickers each time I turn around, and it's like I get some frames of something else when I turn around (like the loading... screen pops in). After about a minute my computer doesen't want anymore, and crashes the program citing that my video card timed out the game.

I really want to finish the trilogy as I really enjoy the games. I hope you can help me out with the problem.

Cheers and kindest regards,

Gunnargateprest.
02-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra Requiem: Graphic glitches then crashes.

Game from steam? If so, do a file integrity check on the game in the steam client.
If that does not help, make sure to update the drivers for the nvidia graphics card by visiting and downloading from nvidia.com. If that does not help, then use the nvidia control panel, to specify that the nvidia card should be used when playing penumbra requiem (in case you have a integrated graphics chip from intel, which might be what the game runs on at the moment).
02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra Requiem: Graphic glitches then crashes.

It is a desktop so that should not happen. Only Intel Z77 chipsets have the ability for dual graphics with special software that use profiles for the switching. Penumbra is definitely not at a profile there. So the GTX 690 must be used. Either way, by default most motherboards have the Intel HD disabled.

After the problem occurs, can you attach the file HPL.log as mentioned at Problem X of the troubleshooting guide?
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013, 11:28 PM by plutomaniac.)
02-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Find