Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average
RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9
RE: RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION

(03-13-2013, 08:51 PM)vengey Wrote: Btw we did find a way to add the gun to amnesia, but we have not ceased development because of that, it is because of what I just posted. Please everyone, understand that we are not stopping development to be douchebags, it is definitely the LAST thing I want to do, we ceased development to make something MUCH BIGGER than what we intended on doing.

I never knew you guys did until a hour ago. So, when I said that I never knew you guys stopped development. Anyway, whatever you guys are making, I can't wait to hear it.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
03-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

Damn, that sucks. I was really looking forward to this project (especially because it was based on my favorite RE game) - matter of fact there aren't a lot of people who do huge projects like this, so I was hoping this one would stay and actually finish (as a lot of these huge projects are also cancelled due to just not being able to handle all the coding and stress).

However, it is your guy's choice. Not complaining or hating here. Good luck on the indie game!
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013, 12:01 AM by SonOfLiberty796.)
03-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Find
vengey Offline

Threads: 7

(03-14-2013, 12:00 AM)ComputerFreak796 Wrote: Damn, that sucks. I was really looking forward to this project (especially because it was based on my favorite RE game) - matter of fact there aren't a lot of people who do huge projects like this, so I was hoping this one would stay and actually finish (as a lot of these huge projects are also cancelled due to just not being able to handle all the coding and stress).

However, it is your guy's choice. Not complaining or hating here. Good luck on the indie game!

I just want to say, IF OUR INDIE GAME DOES NOT GO AS PLANNED, we ARE GOING TO RETURN to this project Wink So do not lose all hope because we made pretty decent progress on some of the stuff on this project

03-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(03-14-2013, 12:30 AM)vengey Wrote: I just want to say, IF OUR INDIE GAME DOES NOT GO AS PLANNED, we ARE GOING TO RETURN to this project Wink So do not lose all hope because we made pretty decent progress on some of the stuff on this project

I just got a question about this indie project. Is it going to be in First Person or Third Person? If neither what will in be in or have you not decided?

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
03-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Find
vengey Offline

(03-14-2013, 01:21 AM)Brosive Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 12:30 AM)vengey Wrote: I just want to say, IF OUR INDIE GAME DOES NOT GO AS PLANNED, we ARE GOING TO RETURN to this project Wink So do not lose all hope because we made pretty decent progress on some of the stuff on this project

I just got a question about this indie project. Is it going to be in First Person or Third Person? If neither what will in be in or have you not decided?

It will be the static camera angle perspective like in Classic Resident Evil ;D

03-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(03-13-2013, 10:12 PM)Kman Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 09:29 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Is this a sick joke?

I mean what the fuck?

"Waah waah you guys didn't finish a mod I was looking forward to even though it's none of my business what you guys want to work on but I WANT IT NOW SO YOU HAVE TO FINISH IT OR I'LL GET REALLY MAD WAAAHH!!!"

Fucking

Please

That is not what I was saying.

I only react that way because I was really expecting to see a custom story/total conversion that actually had FIREARMS for the first time in FRICTIONAL GAMES HISTORY.

Then the whole project canceled thing just came up and broke my hope for this total conversion.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-14-2013, 02:22 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 10:12 PM)Kman Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 09:29 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Is this a sick joke?

I mean what the fuck?

"Waah waah you guys didn't finish a mod I was looking forward to even though it's none of my business what you guys want to work on but I WANT IT NOW SO YOU HAVE TO FINISH IT OR I'LL GET REALLY MAD WAAAHH!!!"

Fucking

Please

That is not what I was saying.

I only react that way because I was really expecting to see a custom story/total conversion that actually had FIREARMS for the first time in FRICTIONAL GAMES HISTORY.

Then the whole project canceled thing just came up and broke my hope for this total conversion.

Actually no that sounds pretty accurate to what I was saying. If you really want to see that happen, why don't you do it yourself? Nothing's stopping you, and throwing a fit because someone else isn't doing it is just annoying.

Posting Freak
03-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Website Find
vengey Offline

Please no wars, it's okay, I understand his feelings on the matter, I was really hoping to make this as well, but I cannot do it on my own. It all comes down to DnALange, because I was pumped up to make this myself, but if by tomorrow he decides our best choice is the indie route, I am going to follow his lead because I am perfectly fine doing whichever thing, personally I think going indie is cooler as well. But I told him tonight, this is our final decision. If he decides a classic survival horror indie game, you better believe I am on board because it has been a dream of mine to bring the classic, old genre back to life. But if he decides he wants to continue with the amnesia story, I am also fine because it would be interesting to see a remake of one of my favorite resident evil games. And I am not jumping on the bandwagon with DnALange because he is forcing me, it is because I cannot make up my mind, both choices are tempting as all hell because no matter which one we do, we get to relive the classic survival horror genre. Seeing RE2, my FAVORITE HORROR GAME EVER, be remade would be amazing, but at the same time making OUR OWN survival horror game is pretty damn intense! So I am on the edge and I cannot choose which I like more, so DnALange will be the guy to push me over on one side of the fence tomorrow. He may say continue development, but as we both know the engine can only do so much, so he may say go onto indie development. Either way I get to remake what I love, which is why I am on board with either decision.

03-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

I'm looking forward to both your creations!

03-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Of all the things to bring back... it had to be fixed camera angles.. Tongue

Best of luck to you guys.

03-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Find