Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!!
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
RE: MP COOP mode for penumbra

sgae Wrote:omg! so is not possible add mp in penumbra Sad

about the monsters u can add them and add coop puzles to the levels :S
well then they should make a new game alltogether
02-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Find
heady Offline

Threads: 0
RE: MP COOP mode for penumbra

I suggest not, maybe for a serious mod but it kinda needs a mp base to build upon unless you're an extremly good modder with programming skills beyond anything lol. It would also probably be very hard due to the physics involved as stated above.. not many games have co-ordinated physics such as Cod for example if you shoot a bottle it might still be there for another player.

And besides all of that i know it would be really cool but, question is it would probably even ruin the scaryness etc..
02-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Find
Kennyboy000 Offline

Threads: 1
Multiplayer Idea.

I think the game would have a major income of money and be a great succes anyway , If they made a multiplayer options, Or made a new game that has that. Only two players though, It would ruin the fun if it was more. Or it could be optional, Me and my brother always play together,I play. He solves most things while i panic ;D . So .. If anybody would suggest this for me.
03-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Find
Schwarze Pest Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Multiplayer Idea.

I think multiplayer would ruin the game. How should the multiplayer part looks like? You are the human and the other player is one of that infected guys? And then? Kill each other? Just for fun?

Sounds boring sorry.

<3 Horror Adventures
03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Cooperative gameplay might be good for a game lke Penumbra, but for Penumbra itself I don'T think it will work, since the story and puzzles would have to be adapted in order to make this kind of gameplay interesting.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
03-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

I think playing co-op would be sweet. Especally if you start in different parts of the map.
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

It would also be cool if one player could controll the entire map, while the other one trys to survive for like 10 minutes or something. Or mabey he has to get to a certan door to win.
03-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Find
Kennyboy000 Offline

Threads: 1

Schwarze Pest Wrote:I think multiplayer would ruin the game. How should the multiplayer part looks like? You are the human and the other player is one of that infected guys? And then? Kill each other? Just for fun?

Sounds boring sorry.

No. The exact same thing as singleplayer , But just two players. Could be extremely fun. People seem to agree Smile

Penumbra Wrote:I think playing co-op would be sweet. Especally if you start in different parts of the map.

Exactly Wink
03-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

No, i don't like the idea, singleplayer is best for any horror games, except FEAR.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Find
TheLight Offline

Threads: 2

In Penumbra, I think it's a bad idea. However, if Frictional Games make another game, then the idea could work. A physics-based multiplayer game sounds great.

If you are dying and walking towards the light, please stop. Your entering my house.
03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Find