Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "I almost died" thread
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
RE: The "I almost died" thread

(03-26-2013, 03:02 PM)Jinix Wrote: After 70 years plus-

70+ years? Really?
03-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

When I was around 6, my mother took me to a place called "Clubs Sport", which we went to frequently. A older kid was having trouble swimming in the deep side of the pool and I offered to help him. We would both swim out and somehow a little kid (Me, back then I was super skinny. My thigh was the same thickness of my wrist.) would support this 8 or 9 year old kid who weighed at least 70+ pounds.

He freaked out, dragging me down. I was probably only under water for a few seconds (Their were a ton of people around to save us.) but drowning for a couple of seconds can feel like a lifetime. I made sure from then that I didn't swim with other people unless I knew I could save both of ourselves in case they went ballistic on me again.
03-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Well, actually now that I've read Mine turtle's and Statyk's experiences that involved skiing/snowboarding I remember one thing that happened when I was about 9-10 years old. This'll be quite hard to explain so bear with me. I was skiing with my dad and aunt in a pretty easy slope and I hurt my foot. I was pretty sensitive and would cry a lot back then and it wasn't a big deal, so my dad and aunt kept on going. I sat down at the side of of the slope. Before the slope there was a flat part so the slope kind of looked like this:
Spoiler below!

-- _____
x/
/
- is air
/ is snow[/b]
x is me
(It's hard to explain ok?)

Well, I sat there and rested for a bit, while my dad and aunt kept going down the slope and I couldn't see them anymore. I had been there for a couple of minutes when all of a sudden a snowmobile drives right behind me, pretty fast:
Spoiler below!

- Y_____
x/
/
- is air
/ is snow
x is me
Y is snowmobile

I looked behind me and saw the front of it right over me. The driver managed to see me in time and steer to the right. He asked me why I sat there and I told him that my foot hurt, he gave me a ride down the slope yaddayadda. Well, if he hadn't have seen me I would've been crushed by a 500 lbs and probably not be here right now.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 05:15 PM by Tiger.)
03-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(03-25-2013, 11:34 PM)Dogfood Wrote: So i was thinking that i'd just post this crap in random thread, but then i thought "hey, this could turn out to be something interesting to read"

So, in this thread.. I want you to share with us one of those moments that could have gone REALLY bad but they haven't.

Now, i don't know if its normal but it keeps happening to me.. I'm a real lucker.

Stuff like that: Yesterday i was just sitting on my chair.. watching Ken's slenderman playthrough while playing with a screwdriver in my other hand. When suddenly, the typical slenderman jumpscare appears and i jump in my chair and react in the most dumbest way possible. I did the facepalm motion with the hand where i had the screwdriver, almost gouging my eye out with that blasted thing. I hit myself right in the eyebrow.

It was...painfull. And it was so close to my eye that if i hit myself just a few inches lower i'd probably blind myself.

i get about 20 of these "Oh shit that was close" (mostly with knives) moments a day now... I think someone cursed me Sad

YOUR TURN!

lol u dumb.
03-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Website Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(03-26-2013, 05:29 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: lol u dumb.

Watch your mouth, donatello boy!

I still have that screwdriver with me and im not afraid to use it!

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I've never been close to death before. My life is very sheltered.

[Image: p229xcq]
03-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Doesn't anybody have a "I almost lived" moment?
03-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-26-2013, 11:53 PM)Bridge Wrote: Doesn't anybody have a "I almost lived" moment?

Wait wut.
03-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I was attacked by a homeless guy with a knife last night.
Results (Warning, not sure if this counts as gore.)
Spoiler below!

[Image: WjmabX3.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 12:26 AM by Obliviator27.)
03-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-26-2013, 03:02 PM)Jinix Wrote: After 70 years plus I can say that everyone has multiple near death experiences throughout life and many have real death experiences that they don't live to tell.

Some of my more dramatic ones are:
Pneumonia at 15
almost drowning 5 miles off of Miami Beach and having to get back to shore alone at night. Thankfully I never thought of sharks while gulping seawater and gasping for air and going into minor panic.
Several serious car crash almosts.
Literally leaping from a 2nd floor burning building, naked, during a snow storm in Minnesota.
Falling down a 75ft cliff in Canada
Trapped in a blizzard for two days while hitchhiking through Montana.
Chased by a bear
Mugged by three guys with a gun.

Plus lots of other stupid mistakes that either led to injury or almosts.

But now my more real near deathers involve waiting to kick it from a heart attack or falling in the shower or down the stairs.

I WANT TO MEET YOU SO YOU CAN TELL ME STORIES OF THE GOOD OL' DAYS

PLEASE THAT WOULD BE SO COOL

Posting Freak
03-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Website Find