Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What happens after death?
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: What happens after death?

(04-23-2013, 12:36 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(04-22-2013, 11:43 PM)Chronofluff Wrote:
(04-22-2013, 06:50 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Ok, new food for thought. When we fall asleep or go unconscious, it feels as if we jump forward in time to when we wake up with no recollection of any time taking place in between.

Assuming that death triggers a similar "black-out nothingness" state, were is the mind fast forwarded to, if it does at all?
Nothing. Perception itself is erased.

I imagine that the only thing it shares with sleep is that you don't even realize when it has happened. This is simply because you can't reflect on your own death, no matter how many wise, suit-wearing angels there are.
I heard ALIAS likes to resurrect corpses, though.

[Image: p229xcq]
04-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-23-2013, 12:38 AM)Chronofluff Wrote: I heard ALIAS likes to resurrect corpses, though.

You do realize that you are, in fact, talking to me, right?

Now, let me answer your question, with the new and polished invention: Moving Pictures!

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 01:35 AM by failedALIAS.)
04-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

deadly

[Image: p229xcq]
04-23-2013, 04:20 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(04-22-2013, 11:18 AM)Pyöveli Wrote: Just what the hell?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...eless.html

[EDIT: Sorry, if this came up from little out of blue, but i think this is rather
strange]

It's possible that a drug that was injected when he was at birth or something and one of the chemical compounds that can make the heartbeat and everything to be suppressed was on a in-active state.
When another compound came in contact, it simply wakes up and suppresses heartbeat and other things -- making him maybe dead.
After a prolonged time is done, it comes back to in-active state and it makes him to wake up. But then, other compounds could of merged with it and it so hard that he died.
This is just an opinion. Nothing bad was implied to anyone.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-23-2013, 06:13 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(04-23-2013, 06:13 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: It's possible that a drug that was injected when he was at birth or something and one of the chemical compounds that can make the heartbeat and everything to be suppressed was on a in-active state.
When another compound came in contact, it simply wakes up and suppresses heartbeat and other things -- making him maybe dead.
After a prolonged time is done, it comes back to in-active state and it makes him to wake up. But then, other compounds could of merged with it and it so hard that he died.

wat

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-23-2013, 10:40 AM)Dogfood Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 06:13 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: It's possible that a drug that was injected when he was at birth or something and one of the chemical compounds that can make the heartbeat and everything to be suppressed was on a in-active state.

wat

Wat indeed. You've seen too many movies, Jap.
04-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(04-23-2013, 11:41 AM)Tiger Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 10:40 AM)Dogfood Wrote:

wat

Wat indeed. You've seen too many movies, Jap.
It's either the too many movies or the fact I'm currently seeing about Testosterone.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
04-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

I think that when you die you go back to the nothingness from where you came before being born...Unless that this time you stay there forever.

Did voice acting for:
- My Love.
- Painful Shadows.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 02:45 PM by Xss.)
04-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

In my opinion when you die then it's over. Nothing happens. You just cease to exist; you don't think or perceive anything and you don't really realise that you are dead.

Also, without saying I wouldn't like it, why should there be such a thing as afterlife? Is there any reason at all? Or is it just a human created concept to give hope? Does it matter whether we live or not? I am not suggesting that we are insignificant (I believe quite the opposite), but nature has it's laws. As the current laws of physics suggest, everything has the same fate which is determined by the passage of time. The whole universe will eventually die. But that doesn't make us insignificant because we are the consciousness of the cosmos, so we are the means by which the universe understands itself.

Although the fate of the universe (and as a result everything within it) is unavoidable, we can have hope. Strange things happen on the quantum world and we still have much to learn about the cosmos and the laws that drive the universe. For example electrons (just as photons) behave sometimes as waves and sometimes as particles without a reason. We have no "logical" explanation for the above fact. One could go as far as to say that even electrons have at some point intelligence and they can think and perceive a very different world invisible to us.

In conclusion, although I don't believe that there is afterlife, nothing is certain. New physics could be discovered at anytime and our current understanding of the universe might turn out to be very far from the reality. Only time (whatever that may be) will tell. It's only by continuing our explanation of the cosmos and the laws of nature that govern it, that we can truly understand ourselves and find answers to the most enduring questions one could ever ask.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 03:14 PM by BAndrew.)
04-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

For me, it's like an endless sleep without any kind of dreams. Just void. Black void. You can't do anything, see anything, feel anything.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Find