Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
zarathustra Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

If outlast comes out before AAMFP........
they already gave us a date by the way..... sept fourth!
Maybe frictional could take a damn lesson from them
08-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

(08-14-2013, 12:08 PM)zarathustra Wrote: If outlast comes out before AAMFP........
Why is that?
it is overhyped and is probably just scare horror instead of psychological horror.
If a horror game is backed by the masses then it might not be very good.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 02:16 PM by maarten12100.)
08-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-14-2013, 12:30 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: I a horror game is backed by the masses then it might not be very good.

God forbid any horror game to be ever liked by the masses cause that's a death sentence right there am i rite?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 12:44 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

Since there isn't that many to discuss except for the release date and other games, I would still like to have the opinion of you all. What do you think of this: You need to go to a specific area and suddently you find another path that leads to the storage room where usefull objects (Like oil or tinderboxes in ATDD) are stored, but to get there you have to avoid the monster that is somewhere in the darkness. You can choose to walk that path and finally reach the items or you can avoid the monster by simply ignoring the path and walk forward towards your main goal. I think the player would have a feeling of freedom in exploring and making choices when you have something like this. Also, not every player is that comfortable around horror and may choose to ignore the path if he is afraid to go down there, but he may try it anyway since the items are extremely useful.
But my question is: Do you think these 'optional objective' could work in a game like Amnesia?

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 02:20 PM by Plectrum61.)
08-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(08-14-2013, 12:08 PM)zarathustra Wrote: If outlast comes out before AAMFP........

Mhh.. or the outlast guys could take a lesson from frictional, if they deliver a buggy game. I don't say, that this is going to happen, but lets just wait and see.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 12:55 PM by Draug.)
08-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Find
zarathustra Offline

@ MAARTENoutlast pre release is very hyped up and backed by the masses...
and AAMFP isn't? So your logic seems extremely flawed to me maarten.. no offense.

also @DROOG yes outlast could be very buggy and/or terrible ;p (i hope not) in which case redbarrel(they made outlast) could definitely take a lesson from frictional... I was mainly talking about giving the whole giving us a release date thing
08-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

(08-14-2013, 01:04 PM)zarathustra Wrote: also @DROOG yes outlast could be very buggy and/or terrible ;p (i hope not) in which case redbarrel(they made outlast) could definitely take a lesson from frictional... I was mainly talking about giving the whole giving us a release date thing

But why do you need the exact date? Frictional said "end of summer" which is the 22. September. Take this as the possible date with the additional option, that it could be earlier.
Just wait for the beginning of september and I am pretty sure we get more information. Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 01:11 PM by Draug.)
08-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Find
Respekt Offline

(08-14-2013, 01:10 PM)droog Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 01:04 PM)zarathustra Wrote: also @DROOG yes outlast could be very buggy and/or terrible ;p (i hope not) in which case redbarrel(they made outlast) could definitely take a lesson from frictional... I was mainly talking about giving the whole giving us a release date thing

But why do you need the exact date? Frictional said "end of summer" which is the 22. September. Take this as the possible date with the additional option, that it could be earlier.
Just wait for the beginning of september and I am pretty sure we get more information. Smile
I do not know who told you that on September 22 it's the end of the summer? Throughout the world, the last month of summer - August ...

Jens, please explain to us what month you mean by the "end of summer"?
08-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

(08-14-2013, 01:25 PM)Respekt Wrote:

I do not know who told you that on September 22 it's the end of the summer? Throughout the world, the last month of summer - August ...

Since FG is from sweden, I would say they meant "end of summer" in their region, which is the "September 22, 4:44 P.M. EDT".

http://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-seasons
08-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Find
Respekt Offline

(08-14-2013, 01:29 PM)droog Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 01:25 PM)Respekt Wrote:

Since FG is from sweden, I would say they meant "end of summer" in their region, which is the "September 22, 4:44 P.M. EDT".

http://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-seasons
Thank you for the clarification of course, but it is very strange to say to the world, keeping in mind your specific country ... People in indignation.

I hope that they will consider this in the future.
08-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Find