Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Man of Steel - PLEASE KEEP SPOILER FREE
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Man of Steel - PLEASE KEEP SPOILER FREE

(07-04-2013, 04:20 AM)Kman Wrote: i thought there was gonna have to be some complex way of killing him

Spoiler below!

I did, too. I was like: "Is he just going to kill Zod? Nah... after all of the build up there has to be something more complicated!

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-04-2013, 05:37 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(07-04-2013, 04:09 AM)Aldighieri Wrote: The ending was all like

Spoiler below!

Supes killed Zod and then acted all guilty about it even though up to that point he never was shown having a problem killing any of the kryptonians and basically is directly responsible for the extinction of his species. Just seemed overplayed to me.

The rest of the movie was pretty good.

Spoiler below!
I may have to watch the movie again, because I don't recall Superman killing any Kryptonians besides Zod. I remember that he would just fight them, and they would run away after a while. Again I don't really remember that clearly enough to be sure.

As for being responsible for the extinction of his race, I can understand how this may work for some people, and not for others. It personally worked for me save one small detail I'll touch on later. The main reasons it works for me: The ship was going to ruin the chance to stop the destruction of Earth, and had to be stopped. From what I can see Supes cared too much about not letting the human race not die, so he ultimately had to make such a choice.

My small problem with this is that Supes yells "Krypton had its chance!" before doing it which to me feels like he displayed a bit less remorse than I expected him to have. Still, I feel his choice was a justified one though, and that he DID feel bad about it even if the script didn't show it the best of ways.

(07-04-2013, 04:20 AM)Kman Wrote: "PLEASE KEEP SPOILER FREE" oh lol whoops
Spoiler below!

what the fuck was that ending tho i mean seriously that ENTIRE TIME he could have just broken his neck and it could have been over with and yet he's just like "welp i guess i should let you destroy this entire city and kill thousands of people first" that's just stupid i thought there was gonna have to be some complex way of killing him

Spoiler below!
I like to think that in all his fights in the film, Supes was trying to neutralize his enemies rather than kill them outright, and only did it in the end when he felt he really had to.

As for the amounts of nameless bystanders who most likely died amidst all the chaos...it's a running problem in almost all forms of Superman media (Especially when they involve the superpeople being thrown through buildings). Don't get me wrong, it's a valid complaint in every way possible, but it's just something I learned to suspend my disbelief in this regard in order to enjoy the film, because it's not something that will likely ever go away.

I personally was more bothered by the fact that Zod, and Superman fought all the way to outer space yet STILL manage to crash land back into Metropolis.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
07-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-04-2013, 02:00 AM)palistov Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Clark Kent is actually Superman

I hate you.
07-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(07-06-2013, 04:21 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 02:00 AM)palistov Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Clark Kent is actually Superman

I hate you.

SPOILER TAG, NOOB!

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

Gonna see this movie soon, can't wait!

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
07-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

It was a pretty good movie. The prisons Zod and his pals were sent away in in the beginning kinda looked like dildos, though...
07-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Find