Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are we alone?
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Are we alone?

Religion has been around for thousands of years. Idealism is not something we can be blamed for, and a culture advanced enough to interact with us on a fairly equal level would surely understand the process behind the forging and upkeep of a religion- war, sacrifice, etc. All in the name of trying to understand our own existence, thus the concept of a greater being. These things happen over time, and eventually sort themselves out for the most part.

No, I'm referring more to the fact that lately, with the advancement of technology, not only do we as people need to constantly be informed all the time, but we are too lazy to go out of our way to do it. It's sluggish, pathetic behavior and I feel ashamed to call myself a human being these days. For that reason, I fear any civilization we make contact with at this current stage in our society will think us immature and pathetic. Sure, there are plenty of educated people amongst us, but I'm talking about the lowered standard for education in the general public here. It's a real deal-breaker.

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 09:23 AM by Streetboat.)
08-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(08-27-2013, 07:48 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Of course other lifeforms exist. Well, not those green aliens obviously.
A study in 2011 shows that parts of Human DNA exists in Asteroids and Meteors so if we were to find them, I'm sure that they look exactly like us.

The study is found here:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/...roids.html

They might not look exactly like us, because habitat affects to dna to evolve another way, i am sure if they were grown in another planet it would be also different planet.

I think these are fakes, but they look pretty damn real.

if the video doesn't show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghqlXdJ4etI
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 11:23 AM by Red.)
08-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

there was already a thread about this which reached a lot of pages and pretty much everything was discussed

as for me, no i dont think there are any life forms more advanced than us out there

and all those videos "REAL UFO CAUGHT ON TAPE, AMAZING!" "ALIEN EXPOSED ON PUBLIC TOILET!" are just..No.

I know that like 90% here disagree with me and will ask for a detailed argument or explaination of why i thnk so, well im too lazy to discuss it, as i said theres already been a thread about this.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
08-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(08-27-2013, 12:33 PM)Dogfood Wrote: there was already a thread about this which reached a lot of pages and pretty much everything was discussed

as for me, no i dont think there are any life forms more advanced than us out there

and all those videos "REAL UFO CAUGHT ON TAPE, AMAZING!" "ALIEN EXPOSED ON PUBLIC TOILET!" are just..No.

I know that like 90% here disagree with me and will ask for a detailed argument or explaination of why i thnk so, well im too lazy to discuss it, as i said theres already been a thread about this.

There's only one accurate response to all of this: We don't know.
08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(08-27-2013, 09:22 AM)Streetboat Wrote: No, I'm referring more to the fact that lately, with the advancement of technology, not only do we as people need to constantly be informed all the time, but we are too lazy to go out of our way to do it. It's sluggish, pathetic behavior and I feel ashamed to call myself a human being these days. For that reason, I fear any civilization we make contact with at this current stage in our society will think us immature and pathetic. Sure, there are plenty of educated people amongst us, but I'm talking about the lowered standard for education in the general public here. It's a real deal-breaker.
Only from an American perspective. You're forgetting that the other 80-90% of the world, particularly third world countries, are working their asses off every day just to put food on their table (and half of them are still starving). Would any advanced alien civilization base their judgment of our world on a single country (if they can even understand what a country is)?

You're also assuming that aliens can even understand our concepts of immaturity. What if this alien race is a total hivemind who utterly worships their king / queen (would they have genders?) and finds our media's worship of pop idols to be similar, thus deciding to befriend us? What if this alien race believes that laziness is a good quality because they value hedonism? What if this alien race doesn't even know what education is, because they have one super intelligent hive lord who carries out all their mathematical, philosophical, and scientific advancements?

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 06:03 PM by Froge.)
08-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Very true, I was operating under the assumption that they would be operating with a similar, yet more functional, hierarchy of culture than us. I suppose, being aliens, that they can operate however they damn well please. As for the other 80-90% of the world thing, I know they're there, but I feel that America has expanded its cultural footprint so far that they would be involved no matter what. That's not a good thing, by the way, I'm not praising that at all.

[Image: signature-2.png]
08-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

I think it is hilarious what people think about Area 51. People see lights over a military airbase that tests experimental aircraft.

But then again could just be another cover up.

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

08-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

While lacking evidence, I find it hard to believe that with how large the universe is, we are the only lifeforms.

I WANT MY ASARI BABIES!

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
08-28-2013, 04:54 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(08-27-2013, 01:20 AM)Chronofrog Wrote: It is likely that there is some life in distant star systems and galaxies. However, they've probably evolved to be so different that there is no way for us to communicate effectively with them. For example, they might be aliens who eat arsenic and see at infrared wavelengths.

This basically sums up my point of view. Is there life elsewhere? It's very likely. Will we ever communicate with another civilization? The chances are very slim (for a LOT of reasons), but it's not impossible. However, no sign of another civilization so far.

P.S. The UFO thing is the greatest FAIL ever.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

08-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(08-28-2013, 10:45 AM)BAndrew Wrote:
(08-27-2013, 01:20 AM)Chronofrog Wrote: It is likely that there is some life in distant star systems and galaxies. However, they've probably evolved to be so different that there is no way for us to communicate effectively with them. For example, they might be aliens who eat arsenic and see at infrared wavelengths.

This basically sums up my point of view. Is there life elsewhere? It's very likely. Will we ever communicate with another civilization? The chances are very slim (for a LOT of reasons), but it's not impossible. However, no sign of another civilization so far.

P.S. The UFO thing is the greatest FAIL ever.

I guess people are incredibly good faking them.
08-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Find