Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.08 Average
Machine for Pigs & Custom Stories
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Why won't AMFP be supporting CS's?

(08-30-2013, 07:44 AM)jens Wrote: 3DS Max support is included in the update Patrik (with others assisting as needed) is currently working on for Amnesia.

AMFP won't support CS because AMFP lacks some of the functionality you have in Amnesia, like the inventory. So it is easier, and hopefully better for you, that we update Amnesia with the new stuff from AMFP so you can use content from both games when making a CS.

I have just found out - that's awesome! I can't wait to mess around with this upgrade, my brother and I have been wanting to do this for a while as he is a freelance developer and we love messing around with modding tools.
08-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(08-30-2013, 04:09 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: I have just found out - that's awesome! I can't wait to mess around with this upgrade, my brother and I have been wanting to do this for a while as he is a freelance developer and we love messing around with modding tools.

As soon as I read Jens' post I thought of you haha.
08-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

(08-30-2013, 04:11 PM)Paddy Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 04:09 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: I have just found out - that's awesome! I can't wait to mess around with this upgrade, my brother and I have been wanting to do this for a while as he is a freelance developer and we love messing around with modding tools.

As soon as I read Jens' post I thought of you haha.

Haha! <3
Well it sure does excite me! No more adding models that are scaled to stupid sizes when you import them, no more strange texture bugs, I can indulge in a hobby without raging at my computer. Tongue
08-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(08-30-2013, 09:42 AM)jens Wrote: Can ask to have it looked like. It might be possible as blender works well in hpl3, even I have done an animated cube using blender and had it working in game!

No sorry, turns out that the support in hpl3 is broken again as blender has updated a couple of times since it was added. So will not be possible to fix for hpl2, it will take too much time.
As a work-around, can you find one particular version of Blender that you can get all the "animating/exporting/bones" working and put in a footnote in the wiki. That we have to use that particular version of Blender for monsters/animations.
08-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Find
MadDoggyca Offline

Pre-ordered but disspointed

So I pre-ordered it on steam but to be honest I sort of feel a bit ripped off.

I know the game going to be epic and will gone down in history as one of the greatest games ever. Im just a but stung that I have nothing and I mean NOTHING to show for it.... Once beaten the game for ever will be lost in the digital world and no way to show it off to any one.

Only reason why I even bothered to buy it on steam was the solo fact I want Fictional Games to continue to make outstanding titles and was the only solo reason why I just didn't bother to get it like I would have normally done

if they decided to do a 180 and releases a box I would be more then happy to buy it a second time...
08-31-2013, 04:33 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Pre-ordered but disspointed

(08-31-2013, 04:33 AM)MadDoggyca Wrote: So I pre-ordered it on steam but to be honest I sort of feel a bit ripped off.

I know the game going to be epic and will gone down in history as one of the greatest games ever. Im just a but stung that I have nothing and I mean NOTHING to show for it.... Once beaten the game for ever will be lost in the digital world and no way to show it off to any one.

Only reason why I even bothered to buy it on steam was the solo fact I want Fictional Games to continue to make outstanding titles and was the only solo reason why I just didn't bother to get it like I would have normally done

if they decided to do a 180 and releases a box I would be more then happy to buy it a second time...

...what? I'm honestly at a loss as to what you're disappointed about. Looks more like a backhanded/passive-aggressive compliment than anything...
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2013, 04:37 AM by Alardem.)
08-31-2013, 04:36 AM
Find
XDamienDaKillaX Offline

Threads: 2

You should read as to why there is no physical copy. You could make your own box copy if you truly wanted to, it'd look quite strange, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
08-31-2013, 05:14 AM
Find
Clord Offline

Such a materialist view. If you want to show it off, just launch the game and let others look while you play.
08-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Burn your own DVD and print a DVD cover as some are suggested here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22458.html Tongue
08-31-2013, 09:23 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(08-30-2013, 09:42 AM)jens Wrote: Can ask to have it looked like. It might be possible as blender works well in hpl3, even I have done an animated cube using blender and had it working in game!

No sorry, turns out that the support in hpl3 is broken again as blender has updated a couple of times since it was added. So will not be possible to fix for hpl2, it will take too much time.

Actually I did an animation with an un-rigged cube and it worked, but strangely it can only rotate or move in one axis at a time...

Now that I think about it: Could it be possible to get an exporter from another program and installing it in Blender? Like, getting Maya's COLLADA exporter, installing it in Blender, and *??? Profit (?)"

Thanks for the reply Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Find