Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Reviews] Amnesia – A Machine For Pigs
XDamienDaKillaX Offline

Threads: 2
RE: [Reviews] Amnesia – A Machine For Pigs

Honestly, reviewers who gave the game negative reviews most likely sat on their chair with the lights on and no headphones, using a controller, not close to their computer. Seriously, try that one day. Amnesia is wayyy less enjoyable if you play like that, any horror game for that matter. If they sit with headphones and the volume way up in a dark room, and they'll see their perspective on the game change.
09-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(09-09-2013, 08:45 PM)XDamienDaKillaX Wrote: Honestly, reviewers who gave the game negative reviews most likely sat on their chair with the lights on and no headphones, using a controller, not close to their computer. Seriously, try that one day. Amnesia is wayyy less enjoyable if you play like that, any horror game for that matter. If they sit with headphones and the volume way up in a dark room, and they'll see their perspective on the game change.

That's kind of pretentious, isn't it? People only gave the game bad reviews because they played it the wrong way?

These reviewers are people, and people have a habit of not agreeing with each other. People's opinions are incredibly diverse; even if the game is absolutely phenomenal, not everybody is going to like it.

Anyway, these reviewers should definitely be given the benefit of the doubt, considering they've played the game and we haven't yet.
09-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

The reviews must be doing some good as it's now Steam's no.2 top seller. Smile

penny-arcade:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/a...igs-review

"If you want to be scared to tears, go play Outlast. If you want to experience a lasting dread that will stick with you long after you turn off the game then Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is the better choice. Either way, fans of horror are being well served."

PC Gamer:

89/100

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/amnesia-a-...ampaign=us

"A cerebral and spooky sequel that expands on the franchise’s story and themes, while slightly dialing down the terror."

Destructoid:

7/10

http://www.destructoid.com/review-amnesi...1455.phtml

"Good: A solid game that definitely has an audience. Might lack
replay value, could be too short or there are some hard-to-ignore
faults, but the experience is fun."
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 09:34 PM by Ossie.)
09-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

(09-09-2013, 07:51 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Reviews are very often very biased, major titles are prone to receive absurdly good grades no matter how absurdly bad they are. Same example can be found in other industries: movies, music.

Not only reviews, but the big budget marketing songs/movies almost literally get shoved down people's throats.Big Grin
09-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Find
Scarypigthing Offline

Threads: 0

Don't watch the RedPanda review on youtube. Its very positive but it seems intent on spoiling all the good bits (they look amazing though!)
09-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Find
Eyelander Offline

Threads: 0

Im sorry but according to Metacritic Amnesias score is kinda low. But then again more than half of the reviewers are ppl i never heard of in my life. Seeing the scores im kind of nervous about the game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/amnesi...e-for-pigs
09-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(09-09-2013, 09:20 PM)Ossie Wrote:
"Good: A solid game that definitely has an audience. Might lack
replay value, could be too short or there are some hard-to-ignore
faults
, but the experience is fun."

Wonder what exactly they are talking about... Will find out tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 10:17 PM by felixmole.)
09-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

(09-09-2013, 10:15 PM)Eyelander Wrote: Im sorry but according to Metacritic Amnesias score is kinda low. But then again more than half of the reviewers are ppl i never heard of in my life. Seeing the scores im kind of nervous about the game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/amnesi...e-for-pigs

[Image: mal-what.gif]
09-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

Twinfinite:

5/5

http://www.twinfinite.net/blog/2013/09/0...nt-crying/

"I’m not afraid to say I loved A Machine for Pigs far more than I did the first Amnesia game and some of it is a result of The Chinese Room removing some of the elements that made the first Amnesia such a favorite amongst horror fans. It’s a different take on the series but at its core, the games are very much the same sort intense, psychological thrillers the fans have been waiting for."
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2013, 10:42 PM by Ossie.)
09-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

The positive reviews far outweigh the negatives. And from what I've read the negative reviewers didn't quite get it. Just enjoy it guys, don't stick a number or someone else's opinion on something you're excited to play. We made this game to scare and twist your soul. No one else's. Enjoy!

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
09-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Find